prosites getting started

hey there sorry if this is a repeat but i am looking for a getting started guide or some help if possible, how do i create a frontend pricing and signup page for people to actually make sites, also is there a way to change my default prosites page without breaking anything, i changed the permalink but it didnt like that :slight_frown: so i changed it back

thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wdamwebsites,

Thank you for the great questions.

Did you manage to find the Pro Sites usage guide?

Every WPMU DEV product has a usage tab on the products home page which contains all available documentation for that item.

how do i create a frontend pricing and signup page for people to actually make sites

The page is dynamically created and the entire signup consists of a very strict step by step process required to properly set up the sub sites.

Custom coding of these items is beyond the scope of the support we provide here and indeed may break things as you have discovered. We do try to help if we can and would not withhold an answer in any event.

Are you having a specific issue other then trying to custom code the signup process?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• wdamwebsites
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

hey there thanks for the reply :slight_smile: I guess i just mean when i go here (this is the dynamic page) http://173.199.190.107/design-by-you/

there is no pricing chart, sign up button or sign up form

but if i login as a test site owner that i created in the admin i see the pricing grid when i click to upgrade, but this is from the backend i want to set up the front end page like this (http://edublogs.org/signup/) i dont mind designing the pricing chart myself but i am trying to get the right form where i get the domain, blog title etc they want to use

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wdamwebsites,

Thank you for the additional input which is appreciated.

The edublogs page is 110% custom coded and they are not going to tell us how it was done, been through that before with them … lol … when I inquired all they said was that it is heavily custom coded … lol

With that in mind lets go after your wanting to change the gimme a site text which is indeed easy peasy stuff.

So I open up Dreamweaver, select search and replace, select the folder where I have WordPress located because this has nothing to do with Pro Sites, it comes from WordPress, search for “Gimme a site” and in a second or two it reports that “Gimme a site” is located in the wp-signup.php file around line 256

I am telling you this with the thought of teaching a man to fish versus giving him a fish wisdom.

Please let me know if this indeed helps get you going on this.

Cheers, Joe

• joan_donogh
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

it is indeed easy-peasy to change “Gimme a site” in wp-signup.php but be aware that when the time comes to upgrade WordPress your changes will be overwritten. I am struggling to find a better way to do this right now also, that does not involve hacking the WordPress core.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.