ProSites > Modules > Premium Plugins

Hi,

I know the difference between the two options: Premium Plugins and Premium Plugins manager.

I use the Premium Plugins Manager to control access to plugins.

There are some back-end admin plugins that needs to run everywhere but I don't want users to know of this plugins and need to hide them. This is a feature of the Premium Plugins module I cannot use so the question is, How can I hide those plugins?

That's lead me to the domain mapping plugin, seems as it cannot be network activated if a lower level does not have the option to run on their own domain name?

Also related, if it's possible during the trial period to block access to plugins that otherwise will come with the paid version of the trial level. I know I can create another level for the trial but I like to be able to hide certain plugins so people won't be signing up for trial where the only purpose would be to see my secret weapons and then leave....

It's funny as I was going to post this yesterday I saw this post had just been posted
https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/mass-managing-multisite-plugins/

Did add this 3th party manager plugin he mentioned in this post, it is just to add confusion, now having 3 plugins manager plugins!! What's the point, why 3 and none of them cooperate with each other and there is nothing to be found that explains the benefits or which one is best to use?

So the question is, will this 3th party plugin do what I am looking for (and should be one of the options in the plugins modules! )

(When posting I got this:
Please select the theme/plugin name you need support for.
I did but didn't pass this rule)

Regards
Dennis

Rupok

Hi Dennis

Hope you had a wonderful day.

There are some back-end admin plugins that needs to run everywhere but I don't want users to know of this plugins and need to hide them. This is a feature of the Premium Plugins module I cannot use

As far I'm concerned, Premium Plugins module only allows you to create plugin packages only available to selected Pro Site levels. It doesn't provide any facility of hiding any plugin which are running everywhere.

seems as it cannot be network activated if a lower level does not have the option to run on their own domain name?

I'm not sure if I'm following. Can you please explain a bit more? We can give better suggestion if we understand it properly.

Also related, if it's possible during the trial period to block access to plugins that otherwise will come with the paid version of the trial level. I know I can create another level for the trial but I like to be able to hide certain plugins

I'm afraid, this feature is not yet available in Pro Sites plugin. The workaround you know said, is the best way so far to do this - create another level for trial. However, if you want, I can move your ticket to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

it is just to add confusion, now having 3 plugins manager plugins!!

It's a very important point. Thanks for noticing. I'm informing our developer right away about this, I agree with you about this, all three does almost same thing.

will this 3th party plugin do what I am looking for

If I understood your requirement properly, then no. None of this will hide "actively running" plugins from your users. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. And I really believe, people will love your idea and then our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Is there anything else we can help you with? Please let us know. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Dennis

Hi Rupok,

Thanks, my day is just starting

I think you understood my thoughts here!

What I meant is the two plugin managers modules, (now I've 3 of them!) for this site I had to choose to use the premium plugin manager as it fits my plan for this project much better so, the domain mapping plugin, if I cannot hide any of the network activated plugins, how can I prevent lowest level not to map a domain?

For the other module, I thought plugins could be hidden as this module activate allowed plugins. I might have misunderstood it as I didn't play much with its features - a manual would have come in handy here!

But I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section

Thanks for that Rupok, let's hope it will be sent out to the list for voting, using the new feature they just added (by my request BTW.. ) to wrap up great ideas and notify users to come and vote for thoes great ideas and make them come live!!!

Regards
    Dennis