Prosites Newbie…question

Hi all,

This may be a dumb question.

I thought I had things installed correctly but I noticed something that did not seem right.

If I act as a new sign-up (free trial) and login to that new site it is showing my sites…1. the main site (which is mine) and then the actual site they created. When I go back to network admin they are shown as subscribers…I have an account at edublog and it does not do that…it only shows…my blog..under my sites…is this just a simple on and off switch or did I do something wrong…

Thanks in advance…

Christina

• designbranders
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes..I have change settings back and forth and then logged in and out and still same issue…I wondering is I made some mistake in the install….but I dont think I would have gotten this far if I had…

Also I am using Gravity Forms for Registration which may be the issue…as it has a required default user role setting…that I cannot get around…

• erikjohansson
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi again,

as i am not staff but i will try to help. you say that “When I go back to network admin they are shown as subscribers

if you can go back to “Network Admin” that means you are logged in as adminstrator. And if that is the case you should see all the sites.

• designbranders
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you! I appreciate the help.

I actually meant when I log in as that person….not as the admin…but actually using the dummy account login details as the user…Under your sites it says your sites and it has a drop down…

To bring you up to speed…I removed the custom reg page without Gravity Forms and I think its working however I am still confused…about a few things…I’ll be back to post them…In the meantime…while Gravity works it messes up the registration…it creates them as a user on my account and theirs but its showing my site under their sites.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

When someone registers for a new site on multisite, it sounds like they are also being given a subscriber role on your main site? That may be partly gravity forms – it would also happen if you have it setup to automatically give them a role on the main site.

Here’s a plugin to help manage what role new users are given:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multisite-user-management/

May be worth a look. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks!

• designbranders
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. It is the gravity forms plugin and I did find the plugin link that you suggested above. I haven not tested it yet as I also found the some additional plugins on your site that address the sign-up form issues I was looking to add. I just needs to dig a bit further! However it would be nice to know that Gravity Forms is an option and whether or not the user-management plugin would correct the problem I was having…so I will be testing it…I can post the outcome for anyone whom may be trying to use Gravity forms as well.

Thanks Again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.