Prosites not recognising the level

To whom it may concern,

I am using WHMCS provisioning plugin to set up a prosite. In WHMCS in the product section I have entered the prosite level. The level is set up in prosite. When the product is purchased the site is set up and the correct level assigned. The issues are:

1. Under sites in network admin the level that is assigned has a * next to it meaning "The original Level doesn't exist, it might have been removed." but it is still there in levels and is enabled.

2. The themes can not be activated because it is saying you need the level that has been purchased

3. The plugins can not be activated because again it doesn't recognise they have the right level to access those plugins

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Peter,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I inspected your website and noticed that in network admin area under Pro Sites -> Levels your Pro Site level has no checked price either for 1 Month or 3 Months or 12.
    Is this supposed to work like this? Shouldn't you enable those prices? Please advise!

I'm sorry to ask but as our WHMCS Provisioning plugin has been deprecated we no longer provide support for it and to be honest, I personally have minimum to none experience with it.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Peter
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Looking at previous tickets. To integrate with WHMCS you don't put in pricing in ProSites as WHMCS takes care of that. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/whmcs-mu-provisioning-and-pro-sites-integration I am only using prosites with it as that is the way to allow plugins and themes to be offered too

Does tyler still work for you? according to the thread I pasted above he is the WHMCS "expert" not that I don't appreciate your help. You have always provided fantastic support.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

As Dimitris mentioned, we no longer support WHMCS, so it's been awhile since I've properly used it but I may still be able to help here.

I logged in and checked out your site, I created a regular admin user on your /demo site. With that admin the plugins and themes were showing up properly when compared to the restrictions you have it place. So that appears to be working. Are you still experiencing issues on your end?

It looks like those subsites were created some time ago, have you changed the level name at all since they were created through WHMCS? When you create the Pro Sites product in WHMCS it needs to have the exact same name as the level it belongs to in Pro Sites. So you will want to make sure those match up.

I left the admin user on your demo site just in-case you wanted to change it's password and login with it to have a look. If you're still seeing an issue there can you let me know where so I can have another look :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Peter

Hi tyler now I have sorted my login problem I can answer your questions.

Yes the level name is exactly in WHMCS as it is in Prosites.

I wonder if this has something to do with the problem:
    At the moment when someone orders a subsite through WHMCS it sets it up on the network with the correct name and the little star next to it
    It does this even if they havent paid even though the setting is to only do it when paid
    When I try to accept the order in pending orders I get this error message "Order Accept Encountered Problems No matching admin user found"
    However if I keep clicking accept even though it shows this message it keeps setting up new sites with a number after it

Something is wrong with the set up and I am not sure what

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

First off, just want to be clear that since we no longer support WHMCS I can't guarantee we will be able to resolve this, if it's due to a bug or incomptibility that has cropped up since we dropped the plugin then it may need a developer to fix.

With that said, if it is just a setup issue then hopefully we can get this all sorted for ya. Do you mind sending in your WHMCS admin credentials so I can have a look at both setups and test it?

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WHMCS login url
    -WHMCS admin username
    -WHMCS admin password
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin creds

Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Peter!

I'm glad you were able to handle the "level issue". Would you mind sharing the solution with us? I believe some other Members of our community could benefit from that knowledge :slight_smile:

As for the other issue. I see that you sent the message to Tyler. I already did let him know about that and he'll be in touch with you soon.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

Thanks for sending the credentials in.

The reason it's not allowing you to accept the order is because the admin associated with the Pro Sites product no longer exists:

Change that to one of your actual WHMCS admins then you should be able to approve it :slight_smile:

Otherwise you will keep seeing this error in your logs:

Module Create Failed - Service ID: 14 - Error: No matching admin user found

As for the Domain, it doesn't look like you have Domain Mapping active. Did you only recently deactivate that? You will need Domain Mapping to be active. Then once the user purchases a domain during checkout they will need to add that domain via:

Tools > Domain Mapping. From their subsite. You will want to make sure that your default DNS settings on your domain reseller point to your Multisite.

Alternatively, you can setup the WHMCS integration within Domain Mapping and your users can purchase domains from within their own site admins.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

1. Is it the email address of the admin that is supposed to go in that field?

The username for one of your WHMCS admins. You can find them in your WHMCS panel via:

Setup > Staff Management > Administrator Users

Any of the users listed there should work fine :slight_smile:

2. If I integrate it with WHMCS, when someone chooses a domain name in WHMCS will it map it automatically ?

It will be automatically mapped when they buy it from within their WordPress Dashboard through the Domain Mapping plugin, but not when it's purchased through your WHMCS checkout, they would need to just add the domain via Tools > Domain Mapping in that case.

Domain Mapping's WHMCS integration isn't really linked to WHMCS Provisioning at all, but it does make for a convenient way to purchase domains if your user didn't do so during initial signup.

Any further questions on that just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Peter

Hi tyler

Sorry to be a pain. I have done exactly as you said with the domain mapping. They are saying invalid.

Please see domains:
    hadriansafety.co.uk
    ukhealthandsafetyservices.co.uk

The second domain above hasn't been had anything done to it in the hosting.

Do I need to add DNS records? I checked the usage document but it appears I don't

Kind regards

Peter

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter, no worries at all!

hadriansafety.co.uk

This domain isn't being pointed to your Multisite install. You want to make sure that all mapped domains have their A record pointed to the dedicated IP of your Multisite.

In the domain reseller settings you should be able to set a default for this so you don't have to add it manually every time.

ukhealthandsafetyservices.co.uk

This one is already pointed to the same IP as your Multisite; however, the IP's document root isn't setup correctly for this to work, so you will want to contact your host and ask them to set the document root of the IP address to the root folder of your Multisite install. Usually that would be /public_html/

You can test this by visiting the domain directly in your internet browser address bar. When you type this in: 149.255.58.7

It will take you to a cPanel splash page whereas you want it to go directly to your Multisite.

If you don't have a dedicated IP then your host likely won't change the document root and you will need to get a dedicated IP from them first :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.