ProSites not showing signup form

We have 2 multisite installs. One works perfect with ProSites, but when we setup (fresh install) the second one, there's a problem: we can get it to display the ProSites form showing the levels and allowing user to signup. The setup on both sites is identical, except the network URL (i.e same exact plugins, same content, same server)

If we visit https://ourwebsite.com/wp-signup.php we get redirected to the home page with no form and this URL: https://ourwebsite.com/?action=new_blog

Actions:
we've uninstalled (and deleted) ProSites plugin multiple times and reinstalled. No change. but, everytime we reinstall, it still has data present that we've already filled in (such as custom levels). That leads us to believe that something's not right in the database....or that data isn't be flushed properly when we uninstall. But, all the tables in the DB that seem to be pro_sites related are empty.

Any ideas what is going on?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Paul,

I'm checking your site and there is no redirect. However only white page displays and that usually means there is some error present.
    Please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

but, everytime we reinstall, it still has data present that we've already filled in (such as custom levels). That leads us to believe that something's not right in the database....or that data isn't be flushed properly when we uninstall.

I can see the same issue on my site with not removing all the data - but in this case I'm not convinced that redirect is caused by that.

If there will be no result of the plugin conflict test, enable debug log in your WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please upload it do service like a dropbox and paste here link

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Paul

Ok. Thought we did that previously a few times, but for some reason it worked. We are succesfully loading the sign up page at: https://oursite.com/wp-signup.php

*BUT* the issue still remains, why doesn't the signup page on a different page, such as: oursite.com/signup/?action=new_blog ? Apparently the /pro-site page associated with this plugin is gone or was never installed.

On our other site with ProSite installed (same setup) we're doing that successfully, without adding another plugin or anything. We just point to oursite.com/signup/?action=new_blog and it works. But apparently I've forgotten how we made it happen. I'm guessing that '/signup' was originally /pro-sites and renamed it. But, in this install, there is no page /pro-sites. Is Pro Sites supposed to be automatically creating a signup page upon install that we can edit? Maybe that page didn't get created, or got deleted inadvertently?

When I click on "Edit Checkout Page" in ProSites settings, it takes me to the Home Page to make edits. But, I would expect it to take me to the /pro-sites page.

Do I need to somehow define what page is the Checkout page? I went to the Pro Sites plugin settings and hit 'save' hoping it might recreate a missing page, but no luck.

• Paul

**UPDATE** - This is fixed. Since Pro Sites had associated my "Checkout Page" with my Home Page for some reason, I duplicated the home page, and made the new page my actual 'home page' in WP Settings. Then I permanently deleted the original home page. AFter that, I went to Pro Sites settings and it 'Did not detect a Checkout page' and told me that it would create a new one upon Saved Settings.

I saved settings, and it did create a new Pro Sites page, which I renamed to /signup.

It's all working as supposed to now. Thanks for the help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.