Prosites Payment Not Attached to Site

Hi, I have a site that the user has paid for in PayPal and for whatever reason, it doesn't get attached to their site in ProSites and the site was shut down. They had originally used one email address then canceled that to use a different one, and ended up renewing with the different address right before their free trial period (14 days) expired. But when the trial expired their site was shut off. How do I attach their PayPal subscription information to their site? I had to manually extend them, and now the payment gateway says Manual so it's never going to kick in the PayPal from what I can see. There must be something I'm missing here - can anyone illuminate me? thank you!

We know the PayPal IPN settings are fine because other new sites are being paid for with no problem. This particular user used the upgrade/bid process.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @BigTomato,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

The other new sites are being paid without any issue and this one problem only happened with particular user who originally used one email address then canceled that to use a different one, and ended up renewing with the different address right before their free trial period or does it happen with every user who uses the upgrade/bid process?

Could you please check IPN history on the following path via your PayPal account and let us know what you are getting there?

My Overview -> History -> IPN History.

You can Manually Extend Pro Site Status for that user by visiting the user's site on clicking "Manage »" link on the following path and configuring it in the Manually Extend Pro Site Status section.

Network Admin Area -> Sites

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• BigTomato

Hi Jack,

The http response code was 200. I'm not sure what you mean by IPN response - do you mean the message? I don't want to paste that as it contains confidential data.

However, it looks like the person who originally signed up for the blog and the person who paid were different - so the registration email and the payment email from PayPal don't match. Could this have caused the problem? If so, how do I attach the subscription to the site?

thank you!

• calvinrogercanas

Hello @BigTomato

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

We need the IPN to make sure what actions happened when the transaction takes place. You can pm me the IPN log if you are hesitant to post here. We totally understand that you are just being careful. :slight_smile:

IPN is also the one responsible for automation of payment if implemented properly. Read more about IPN here

so the registration email and the payment email from PayPal don't match. Could this have caused the problem? If so, how do I attach the subscription to the site?

Maybe this is the one causing the issue. As @Jack Kitterhing said:

if they used a different PayPal account/email, it's possible they may have to cancel and then re-subscribe.

I suggest you try the advise came from Jack then let us know if it solves the issue. If not, I am happy to assist you just reply to this thread to let me know.

Also if Jack's suggestion is no success, Could you grant support access from the dashboard plugin in order for me to take a closer look. See https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Looking forward for your reply and I hope we can solve this one in no time.

Best Regards,
    Calvin

• BigTomato

Hi Calvin,

It took me a while to get the IPN history, there was a problem with PayPal.

But here is the message from when they first signed up with a 14-day free trial and below that is the message from their first payment 14 days later. For this transaction the customer used the same email to register AND make payment via PayPal, but it still did not link to the Prosites account. I redacted the customer's personal info.

I have enabled the support login in the admin panel.

amount1=0.00&amount3=49.00&address_status=unconfirmed&subscr_date=13:31:04 Oct 30, 2014 PDT&payer_id=2SHQ4RJ33FFME&address_street=xxxx xxxx, Ste 101&mc_amount1=0.00&mc_amount3=49.00&charset=windows-1252&address_zip=xxxxx&first_name=xxx&reattempt=1&address_country_code=US&address_name=xxx xxx&notify_version=3.8&subscr_id=I-TX6CYX5ENRXS&custom=39|b340b6c15e5b550813bdc69f17525dc6&payer_status=unverified&business=support@namieasysite.com&address_country=United States&address_city=xxx&verify_sign=A5XUpRloySLY36zs6YtzkyPQRdpeAhfGSQIUMmp56emyiaspDrmB4F.9&payer_email=xxx@gmail.com&last_name=xxxs&address_state=TX&receiver_email=support@namieasysite.com&recurring=1&txn_type=subscr_signup&item_name=Basic&mc_currency=USD&residence_country=US&period1=14 D&period3=1 M&ipn_track_id=31ec525fe1597

mc_gross=49.00&protection_eligibility=Eligible&address_status=unconfirmed&payer_id=2SHQ4RJ33FFME&address_street=xxxx&payment_date=10:31:59 Nov 13, 2014 PST&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&address_zip=xxxx&first_name=xxxx&mc_fee=1.72&address_country_code=US&address_name=xxxx xxxx&notify_version=3.8&subscr_id=I-TX6CYX5ENRXS&custom=39|b340b6c15e5b550813bdc69f17525dc6&payer_status=unverified&business=support@namieasysite.com&address_country=United States&address_city=xxxx&verify_sign=AAc4..rRk85EnA7vQfSEc4NvP.QjAOjKehM.UcM2BRl-LquSSBQHYSwd&payer_email=xxxx@gmail.com&txn_id=4XN33886EK6728227&payment_type=instant&last_name=xxxx&address_state=TX&receiver_email=support@namieasysite.com&payment_fee=1.72&receiver_id=9HAD7ASJ6J3BC&txn_type=subscr_payment&item_name=Basic&mc_currency=USD&residence_country=US&transaction_subject=Basic&payment_gross=49.00&ipn_track_id=dcd1835182e56

Thank you,
    Jocelyn

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @BigTomato,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your patience on this.

I've taken a look and the IPN response is good and correctly received by the site.

The issue here is because they switched emails/PayPal accounts, ask them to cancel the subscription from within their PayPal account and then they can re-subscribe from your site, once they've done that, the payment will correctly be associated with the site in question. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• BigTomato

Hi Jack,

Actually for this transaction they used exactly the same email address. This is happening to all of our transactions after the initial payment kicks in after the 14 day trial - none of them are aligning to prosites.

We did upgrade our PayPal from standard to Express. Would this make a difference? If so, is there a way I can update the prosites wp_ tables to insert the paypal transaction or profile so it synchs to PayPal?

thank you.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @BigTomato,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

In that case, it's a entirely different issue, let's take a closer look. Have you added the IPN callback in your PayPal account?

http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=psts_pypl_ipn

Do you use your PayPal account for any other software? Such as e-commerce etc.

If not, could you send me through the following.

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.