Prosites plug in options.... is this possible?

I am looking to build a site which is basically a hosting platform, using WPMU. The ability for members to purchase various levels on a monthly basis offering the following...

What I am after is the ability to have 5 levels of product.

Level 1 would be a free account with limited 250MB space, 2 basic themes and basic plugins like jetpack (basically a site that people can use to see if they like the platform with only ability to have 1 subdomain)

Level 2 would be the starter package, giving 1GB site space more themes and more plugins still with the ability to have only 1 subdomain.

Level 3 would be the advanced package giving 10GB, more themes and plugins but with ability to have 5 sudomains (without having to repurchase for each subdomain).

Level 4 pro package, 20GB, more themes and plugins, 20 subdomains (without having to repurchase for each subdomain)

Level 5 Elite package unlimited space, more plugins and themes, unlimited subdomains again without having to repurchase for each sub domain AND being able to map domains.

I have been going though the pro sites plugin for days and cant see how this would be possible with the plugin but wonder if i have been missing something.

Is that only something that could be done with custom changes to the plugins core or is it something thats not possible at all?

Would be great if someone can advise me on this.

Thanks in advance and as always.... you guys rock

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Daniel,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is "mostly" possible with Pro Sites with an exception of following features:

1. The space/storage quota can only be controlled on "WordPress level" meaning that you can set the limit that will actually work for Media Library only. Since nor WordPress neither Pro Sites plugin is the solution for managing server, that is the only way to handle it. To set that up there's an "Upload Quota" module for this that you can enable on "Pro Sites -> Modules" page.

2. Domain/sub-domain management

Pro Sites can work together with our Domain Mapping plugin and you can make a domain mapping feature available only to selected levels. However, that doesn't support limiting of the number of domains that could be mapped to single sub-site. If domain mapping feature is enabled, sub-site admin will be able to add as many domains to his sub-site as she/he wants.

As for sub-domains, that's a bit more complex. A sub-domain in case of WordPress Multisite equals a sub-site. There's currently no limit option on for how many sub-sites a user can sign up. As long as he/she goes through all the required registration steps, he/she is able to setup a new sub-site. Each sub-domain (a.k.a sub-site) has to be setup separately so a user must go through checkout and make a payment (re-purchase).

In order to change both these behaviors (domains/sub-domains) a custom development would be necessary. Furthermore, I think that it might be necessary to work a bit with Pro Sites and Domain Mapping plugins' code directly.

Another solution that you might want to check would be WHMCS plugins that you will find here:
    https://github.com/wpmudev

Please note however that these plugins are no longer developed by us and are not supported so implementation and further development would also mean a custom and/or community based coding/support.

For custom development you might want to ask on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

If you have additional questions, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Daniel

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your quick and extensive reply.

Your exceptions have been duly noted, I will ask however....
    you say that "Pro sites doesn't support limiting of the number of domains that could be mapped to single sub-site", this being the case would it be possible to create a voucher for those who purchase the highest level which will enable them to use it to create their additional sites (with a 100% discount set to indefinitely) although this would have to be done in a way that means only that person can use it.

I have thought about the WHMCS and was looking into it, but not so sure without the support that it once had from WPMUDEV.

I thank you again for your assistance

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Daniel!

The "coupon" idea sounds like a doable workaround however it wouldn't be automated. You could manually create a coupon code if you see that the user has signed up for one of the "multiple sites" level. Such a coupon then could be set to an "indefinite lifetime" (meaning that it would work for each subscribed payment) and could have e.g. "20" uses so it could be used by that user 20 times (so, for 20 signups = 20 new sites).

You would however need to deliver that coupon to the user manually (e.g. via e-mail) too.

I do suppose that it could be a bit automated but it would also require custom development.

Best regards,
    Adam