ProSites redirect to dev site?

I'm sure you're sick of hearing from me, but I have a real head scratcher on my hands. From my live site (techiechicpopupshop.com) the sign up page redirects to my dev site (techiechic.store). I've looked through all of the settings and the database and done a text search on the code... nowhere do I find a link to my dev site in any of those places. I have duplicated my live site to my dev site and I would understand this happening in reverse, but I can't imagine what is going on. I determined that it's definitely connected to the Pro Sites plugin because I disabled it and was able to hit the sign up page just fine (although there was obviously nothing on it). I'm super perplexed, any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there Brittny,

How are you doing today?

I checked your site and I can definitely see the issue, as you said this is most likely a leftover from your dev site, we just need to figure out where it is :slight_smile:

Let's start with with .htaccess, do you have any redirect rules there? Reason I ask is because even /wp-signup.php redirects to that page on your dev site.

When you say you checked database you mean that you did search and replace there?

Also you could you can send us your details so we can try to investigate this further, you can do that through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Bojan"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

PLEASE DO NOT POST the credentials in the forum as forum is public and everyone can see the content inside forum threads.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Brittny
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Bojan Radonic Thank you for looking into this. I've emailed you the requested credentials. I'm working with my team to see what we can come up with as well and came across this thread - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/domain-mapping-pro-sites-not-correctly-pointing-to-correct-multisite-blog?utm_expid=3606929-84.YoGL0StOSa-tkbGo-lVlvw.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F - I don't believe that I have a dedicated IP address for my sites, but I wouldn't have thought that would cause an issue. I know that's a super old thread but it seemed worth pursuing. Thoughts?

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again Brittny,

Thanks for sending me the details and for the detailed explanation there :slight_smile: I've also checked the thread that you've mentioned in the email and I highly doubt that's is in any way related to what you're facing here.

That thread that you pointed out here is definitely quite old and dedicated IP shouldn't really make any difference in your case as this is required in order to map domains to your subsites using Domain Mapping plugin which you don't use on your network.

Now with regards to the FTP creds that you've sent I've checked that and I'm not being able to access "techiechicpopupshop" folder, it appears as a symbolic link

and considering that I can't enter the actual directory it's either related to the permissions of the FTP user that you've provided or there is something wrong with that link.

Can you please check with your team and advise please?

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Brittny
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Just for the sake of finishing off this thread - after a lot of back and forth and major headaches with things we found out that the problem was with the configuration of the SSL of my dev site *facepalm*. I'm still not sure how my web host messed that one up to do that but you can be sure I'm moving web hosts ASAP.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.