[ProSites] Transfer pro status to different site so payment settings stays same

I have an existing pro site for a customer. I have created a new subsite for redesigning the site for him.

After the redesign is completed. How can I link it to that customer’s paypal account in order to be recurring?

Do I need to cancel the old one and ask him to buy the new subsite directly? Cancel the old payment* ? Like making the new subsite as blog template and then purchasing it.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello nick

Unfortunately, yes, the customer has to cancel the old payment profile and buy the new site which will create a new payment profile. There is no way to transfer the payment profile for another site.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• nick
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

so now that i have finished with the current subsite seting up…what do i do next?follow these steps?

1. create a blog template from this subsite

2. cancel previous recurring payment

3. prompt customer to buy again this pro site pack by choosing the newly created blog template?

and all will work fine?

P.S will this new blog template be usable ALSO from other future customers? Will some new customer be able to purchase it as usual and then me set it up to his standards?

thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello nick

I am sorry for the delay on your thread,

so now that i have finished with the current subsite seting up…what do i do next?follow these steps?

1. create a blog template from this subsite

2. cancel previous recurring payment

3. prompt customer to buy again this pro site pack by choosing the newly created blog template?

and all will work fine?

Yes, this is correct. The customer have to buy again this site which will create a new payment profile.

will this new blog template be usable ALSO from other future customers? Will some new customer be able to purchase it as usual and then me set it up to his standards?

Yes, once you create a new blog template, it will be available for all new and existing members to use that.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• nick

ok, one last question please. Even if i create a blog template from this subsite, whenever i make a change in the subsite, the blog is affected too, even if i have not clicked on “If selected, the dates of the posts/pages will be updated to the date when the blog is created “.

e.g after the creation of the blog template, i go back to the subsite and change the logo, but the logo also changes in the blog template too!!!it must be supposed to not be affected. If a new customer buys this blog template, this must be stable and not be changed each time the subsite is changed by the original first customer. So what am i missing please?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello nick

That is correct. The “blog template” site should not be used as an actual site. In fact, it’s not a separate “template” created – it’s just that specific sub-site that you decided to set as “blog template” that is “marked/described” in a specific way in the database.

I understand that the problem here is the customer “buying back” the same site with just another plan, right? The customer should be prompted to buy “new site” (not pay again for the very same site they had) choosing that newly created blog template.

This way an entirely new site will be created for the customer which will be identical with selected blog template (hence his old site) and they’ll be able to use it just like they used to use the old one. The changes on the blog template sub-site will then also not affect the customers site and vice versa.

The core point to remember here is that blog template = sub-site selected to be used as blog template and that sub-site should never be used for any other purposes.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello nick

The flowchart will be, the customers will pay you to create a new subsite and when the subsite will be created, it will use the template from webarts.me/smartfix. So the new subsite webarts.me/WHAT-EVER would be exact copy of webarts.me/smartfix.

So, customers are not supposed to use webarts.me/smartfix as this is used as a template site.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• nick

i cannot understand why customers cannot use the webarts.me/smartfix as a blog template in order to then setit up as a tottally new subsite.the smartfix is not related to any plan at all.and also all the changes to it should not be applied to other subsites using this blog template.isn’t this correct?aren’t all the subsites created by this blog, totally irrelevant?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello nick

If a blog template was created using /smartfix then no – /smartfix should not be used by anyone. Let me put it this way:

when you create blog template out of /smartfix the /smartifx essentially becomes the blog template.

It’s not a new site created out of it, it’s not a copy or anything else; the existing sub-site (in this case /smartfix) that you select for blog template literally becomes the blog template.

So, any changes that you make to /smartfix means that you’re actually changing blog template.

You’re right that this will not affect any new sites of your customers that they created using that blog template – but the template itself will be changed.

Let me give you an example:

1) you create subsite domain.com/demo

2) you set a “blog template” name “Demo Site” out of the “domain.com/demo” subsite

3) somebody creates “domain.com/site1” choosing “Demo Site” template

– domain.com/site1 is identical as “Demo Site” template = is identical as “domain.com/demo” site

4) now you do edit “domain.com/demo” subsite

– this mean you actually edit the “Demo Site” template

5) now somebody creates “domain.com/site2” choosing “Demo Site” template

– domain.com/site2 again will be identical as “Demo Site” template = identical as “domain.com/demo” site after edits made in point 4

– but the domain.com/site1 is still as it was because it was created based on “Demo Site” template before the “domain.com/demo” site (so “Demo Site” template) was edited.

– hence “domain.com/site1” and “domain.com/site2” are different out of the box because after /site1 was created and before /site2 was created the site “domain.com/demo” (which literally is a blog template) was changed.

If you let any customer use domain.com/demo site as a regular site it will mean that your “Demo Site” blog template will be constantly changed/edited to your customer liking and all other sites created based on this will carry over this changes at the moment of creation.

Whatever sub-site is used as a blog template, it essentially becomes a “blog template site” and should not ever be used for any other reason, otherwise outcome would be quite unexpected.

To address your last post again then:

i cannot understand why customers cannot use the webarts.me/smartfix as a blog template in order to then setit up as a tottally new subsite.

Site cannot be “used as blog template” “just like that”. It must first be marked as blog template in New Blog Templates plugin. So first step is that you – as an admin – must set the webarts.me/smartfix as a blog template.

Then your customer can (or you can do it for your customer) create a new site webarts.me/what-ever-new-site using the blog template that you set based on /smartfix.

The site will be created, it will be identical with /smartfix. Changes made on that new site will not be reflected on /smartfix site and changes made on /smartfix site will not be reflected on that new site and any other site that is already created using that blog template.

But – any change made to /smartfix will be a change to blog template and any site created in future using that blog template will reflect them.

So step by step, assuming that /smartfix was previously your customer’s site:

1) make sure that customer has no longer access/ownership of the /smartfix site

2) set /smartfix to be blog template in New Blog Templates plugin

3) make customer create new site on your multisite (or create it for customer) using that new blog template

4) let the customer use this new site

Kind regards,

Adam

• nick

hello, and thank you for your nice explanation.i have already set the webarts.me/smartfix as a blog template https://snag.gy/6RQPUz.jpg and set it up on the demo pages https://snag.gy/mh37RH.jpg

so the customer can actually buy it since it is set up as blog template? i understand that if a customer today buys this blog and creates site 1 and another ne creates a new site 2 with tis blog…..they will be different between site1 and site 2 ….if in the meanwhile i have made changes to blog tempalte smartfix.this is normal anyway…isn’t it?

i am concerned Only about normal functioning of the two site1 and site2 to be totally not related and affected between them.so does this work or do i have to set something new about making smartfix as blog template?

thank you

thanks

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi nick

so the customer can actually buy it since it is set up as blog template?

That’s correct :slight_smile:

i understand that if a customer today buys this blog and creates site 1 and another ne creates a new site 2 with tis blog…..they will be different between site1 and site 2 ….if in the meanwhile i have made changes to blog tempalte smartfix.this is normal anyway…isn’t it?

Yes, you are right. Both customers can select that blog template while signing up for their sites.

If you do make changes to the /smartfix meanwhile (between first customer signup and another customer signup) – their sites will be different.

If you do not make any changes to the /smartfix meanwhile – their sites will be identical

i am concerned Only about normal functioning of the two site1 and site2 to be totally not related and affected between them.so does this work or do i have to set something new about making smartfix as blog template?

These sites will not be in any way “interconnected”. Once they are already created, they become “individual beings”, so to say :slight_smile: In other words:

– each of these sites, upon creation, will be identical to the /smartfix (as it is at the moment of site1 and site2 creation)

– at this moment the relationship ends

– editing any of these sites – site1, site2 or /smartfix – will not affect any other; If you change site1 – site2 and smartfix will stay intact; if you change smartfix – site1 and site2 will not be changed and so on.

In other words: the relationship only happens upon site creation but not after that. Already created sites will not affect each other.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.