Prosites users cant cancel the subscription.

Users of Prosites can't cancel their subscription from within the account section in Prosites.

The problem is with the Stripe gateway, this is a major issue and needs to be fixed asap.

I have created a screencast of the bug so you can see it in action. https://youtu.be/LHB82rmzW5g

It is on a live site however you have PERMISSION to do WHATEVER you need to to fix this very serious issue. Any damage done by you testing on a live site is minimal compared to the actual issue which is setting my business back segnificantly. Support access is granted.

Thank you in advance.

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @stacy_bosel

Thanks for contacting us, and sorry for your trouble :slight_frown:

I see on your video you enabled the Trial Periods option. In trial period, user won't charged anything until the trial period ends. That's why you can't cancel the trial period because it's free.

It's a must to have trial periods on your subscription package ? If not you could try turn off that option, and try register and cancel subscription again. It should have a "cancel subscription" button on the Pro Sites front end for user.

Let me know what do you think :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• stacy_bosel
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@Anang thank you for your reply.

I am a little perplexed by the no cancelation thing within trials. Have the WPMUDEV Developers intentionally made it that way? I am sure you could understand that having everyone who tries our product not be able to cancel within the trial period and subsequently be changed at the end of the trial period and then need to submit a support request to issue a refund is not a good business move.

That is a money back guarantee not a trial period. That means we will have to issue refunds for every person who doesn't purchase a subscription. That sounds counter-intuitive to me.

I have done some testing and let the trial end (as i couldn't physically cancel it) and the money is deducted at the end of the trial without and ability of the user to prevent this.

Could you please provide me with some more information relating to this? Maybe from a developer.

I would really like to have a Free Trail for our clients and obviously i would like to avoid spending my time issuing refunds.

Hope to hear back from you soon

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @stacy_bosel

After digging more thread related this issues, it seems no problem with trial option , apologize for that :slight_frown: It should be worked with trial options enabled, and user can cancel anytime. Probably something else causing this, either Stripe settings or Plugins conflict.

So can you send me the settings on your stripe account ? you could blur the private information like API key , etc

And also it's possible to do plugins conflict on your site ? Try disable all plugins but pro sites , and try create- cancel subscription and see if that's worked ?

Looking forward for more information from you :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• stacy_bosel

Hi @Anang

Thank you for clearing that up regarding the tiral, i suspected as much.

What settings would you like from stripe?

As you can see in the video that i created the Webhook as been received at the Stripe end and the Subscription has been created. The customer has been created and the payment will come out at the end of the trail as mentioned in my previous comment. So Stripe is receiving information from Pro Sites.

As i mentioned in my comment at the top of this support ticket i have already disabled all plugins. And i activated the Twenty Fifteen theme. So i am not going to repeat the process again. If you would like to conduct that test as a part of your troubleshooting then please go ahead.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @stacy_bosel

What settings would you like from stripe?

The settings page where you got the API key from stripe.

One of member got similar problem, and able to solved it when he check the stripe API settings :

The webhook URL that I had entered in Stripe was set to 'Test'. After adding the URL again and changing to 'Live' it works correctly.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-site-not-re-enabling-after-client-subscribes?replies=3#post-318175

Maybe you can take a look and give me your Stripe API settings :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• stacy_bosel

HI @Anang

Thank you for your reply. Yes i have the correct API it is live.

The answer isn't going to come from menial troubleshooting tasks, i do so much troubleshooting before i subject myself to WPMUDEV.

I have attached screenshots so you can see the correct API is used and the webhook is set to live.

Please help me as this issue is preventing me from conducting business and i have spent 8 months building this project and this is the only thing keeping me from a full launch.

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @stacy_bosel

Thanks for the additional info :slight_smile:

Any chance you have tried stripe test API first and then go to live API ? If yes, there's additional step you need to do to made sure that it won't getting troubles in the future.

When switching from test to live API credentials, if you were testing on a site that will be used in live mode, you need to manually clear the associated row from the *_pro_sites_stripe_customers table for the given blogid to prevent errors on checkout or management of the site.

Looking forward for your response :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• stacy_bosel

@Anang there is only one row in the table you referenced and its from a paying customer.

I have extended support access, maybe you could elevate the issue please as i would like to get a result and this has already been going on for some time.

Thank you

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @stacy_bosel

I will call help from my SLS (Second Level Support) friends here. SLS persons have more technical experience, so perhaps we can get a valuable idea from them soon :slight_smile:

In meantime I will try to search another possible solutions, and let you know when I found out something to try :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Stacy,

Thanks for all your patience on this, we've been looking further into this and still not sure why yours isn't cancelling properly. Could you send in your "Events & webhook" and "Logs" feed? That will help us troubleshoot further. You can send screenshots directly to us by sending them to contact[at]wpmudev.org

Enter "Attn: Tyler Postle" into the subject line :slight_smile: this ensures it will be assigned directly to me.

You can blur out the trans ID's if you like.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• stacy_bosel

Hi @Tyler Postle

That will be an exercise in futility. The logs will only show the customer creation and the manual cancelations i have had to make in Stripe. It is all information i have provided.

I will however create a user for someone to access our Stripe, obviously we will need some document to protect each other but i feel providing access to our back end is the only way for you to experience the problem and troubleshoot.

If this is something that can be arranged then please let me know how to proceed. I hope the example of the depths of what i am willing to do to fix this issue is clear by. I am willing to provide access to our financial dashboard to fix this issue so please do what you can.

Thank you

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Stacy,

Just to confirm here before we go down that route, so this doesn't happen in test mode for you, only in live? If you were able to temporarily swap it to test mode and try then that would be awesome - that way we know for sure that it is just live mode and can go in for a closer look.

I've been working on this with @Hoang Ngo (SLS staff) and we will be the only ones looking into this unless we confirm it's a bug and then of course the developer will be involved too.

I could also use my sandbox credentials temporarily on your site if you didn't want to switch your stripe account to test mode. I would replace them with your live ones right after of course to ensure you didn't miss any actual sales.

If you have already confirmed all that and want to go straight to troubleshooting your live account then email in through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" and subject line "Attn: Tyler Postle". Then let us know what you will need from us :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• stacy_bosel

Hi @Tyler Postle

Test mode produced the error.

We have closed registrations due to this bug so we are constantly loosing sales, any testing you do can only help reduce the time we are out of business.

I will send through the email right now.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Stacy,

Thanks for clarifying that, I'll just login to your site and troubleshoot with my own stripe dev account that way you don't need to share any of your credentials with us :slight_smile:

How did you turn off registrations? It doesn't look like it's turned off in the general settings but I'm having issues creating a site, keeps looping back to payment screen - wondering if this is due to the way you turned off registration or not?

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. I swapped your stripe credentials back in just in-case.

• stacy_bosel

Hi @Tyler Postle

No i have not disabled registrations i have just ceased all advertising and marketing activities and removed the registration link from the menu.

I am not sure why you have not been able to create a site, i have created multiple sites testing over the last few weeks. Maybe it another bug presented by Pro Sites, however i am sure you have woked it out

I look forward to seeing the results from your trobleshooting.

thank you

• Scott

I am having the same issue. There've been a host of issues since upgrading to 3.5.0.1. -- I've already posted a few threads that are still open. Not being able to Cancel a site is another chink in the Pro Sites armor.

Someone please help @stacy_bosel so we can figure this out.

*In my instance, using the Client's login, I accessed their site > their account page > Clicked Cancel > page refreshes with no cancellation notification and no Event fired to Stripe initiating the cancellation.

Will have to manually Cancel the site in Stripe then delete it from the system.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

@stacy and @scott,

Thanks for your patience on this. We have a new version coming out soon that fixes a lot of the outstanding issues :slight_smile:

@Scott, can you check your server error log and let me know if you have any Pro Sites related errors in there? and if so, can you paste them here. Just wanting to make sure it is indeed the same issue, it sounds like it is though.

If you don't have a server error log then you can use WordPress debug constants to create one.

To use WP's debug method, then open up your wp-config.php file and make sure these constants are in there:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false ); // this one is optional, it hides errors from displaying on the frontend

After adding that, then try cancelling a subscription again and then check your /wp-content/ folder via FTP or file manager. You should see a file called debug.log - that will log any php errors/warnings that come up.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• stacy_bosel

I don't know what to say, the word disappointed doesn't cover how i feel with regards to WPMUDEV.

With no alternative for Pro Sites in the Wordpress community and already a year invested in this project i have no option but to use a broken and buggy piece of software.

Just to be clear i have updated the Plugin and am still experiencing the same problem.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey there Stacy,

The developer let us know this issue should of been fixed in the last update. It's happening to very few members which is making it difficult to troubleshoot as we can't replicate it ourselves - we thought we found the issue. I'm going to get the developer on this asap for you. Also, could you grant support access?

I tried logging in with the test account that I created to re-test myself but it looks like Wordfence has blocked me. If it's blocking based on IP and you need to whitelist me then mine is: 24.68.18.197

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.