Prosites, WHMCS MU Provisioning, WHMCS WP Integration and Domain Mapping

Hi,

i am trying to fit all the pieces together for the above mentioned plugins.

1 - Does "domain mapping" only work through the dashboard ? Is this the intended methodology or workflow ? ie. user purchases a site (sub domain with WP multisite) then upgrade/change their domain ? Can a user choose their own domain (mapped), both when initially creating a site and on the front end of the main site ?

2 - "WHMCS MU Provisioning" seems to be able to do the exact same thing as "Prosites" with regards to creating paid sites (sub domain with WP multisite). Am I wrong in saying that "WHMCS MU Provisioning" can create paid sites (sub domains) for the WP multisite ? I know what WHMCS is and that it offers billing, hosting management etc. But I am trying to understand exactly what your "WHMCS MU Provisioning" plugin is and how it fits into the entire picture. What makes this plugin unique to WP multisite ? Is it that WHMCS products/services would typically create only single and separate WP sites ? If this is the case and the plugin is used with WHMCS, then there is no need for "Prosites" checkout and I will only use "Prosites" for its other features ? Can I configure and bundle other resources like email etc. in WHMCS together with the "product/service" that "WHMCS MU Provisioning" creates ?

3 - "WHMCS WP Integration" and "WHMCS MU Provisioning" plugins have the exact same video on their respective pages. how come ??? Currently "WHMCS WP Integration" plugin only supports the default WHMCS theme, correct ? If I am paying a 3rd party to integrate my WHMCS into my website with a custom responsive design, then there is no other need for this plugin, correct ?

sorry for the long winded post,
just trying to "fit all the pieces together" as mentioned instead of creating several posts.

Any kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

RC.

• PC

Hey Hey RC,

How are you today ?

Thanks for your post !

1 - Does "domain mapping" only work through the dashboard ? Is this the intended methodology or workflow ? ie. user purchases a site (sub domain with WP multisite) then upgrade/change their domain ? Can a user choose their own domain (mapped), both when initially creating a site and on the front end of the main site ?

Unfortunately yes. They will need to use it via the dashboard at the moment. It however has its own benefits. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/there-we-have-prepared-a-new-version-of-domain-mapping so you can sell domains to your users via the Dashboard.

Currently its being discussed to add that in the registration process if a user is using Pro Sites plugin but there is no ETA as its a very complex process and can take a lot of coding to make things work this way !

Am I wrong in saying that "WHMCS MU Provisioning" can create paid sites (sub domains) for the WP multisite ?

No you are right. It can create paid sites.

I know what WHMCS is and that it offers billing, hosting management etc. But I am trying to understand exactly what your "WHMCS MU Provisioning" plugin is and how it fits into the entire picture. What makes this plugin unique to WP multisite ? Is it that WHMCS products/services would typically create only single and separate WP sites ?

Let me clarify it. Pro sites and WHMCS MU Provisioning are 2 different setups and billing systems but the latest version of Provisioning integrates with Pro Sites !

WHMCS MU Provisioning allows you to charge your clients for creating a site and sell a domain at the same time but that does not allow you to control the access to plugins and themes like Prosites.

WHMCS also creates the sites as a subsite in the same db.

Can I configure and bundle other resources like email etc. in WHMCS together with the "product/service" that "WHMCS MU Provisioning" creates ?

Yeah you can certainly do that.

"WHMCS WP Integration" and "WHMCS MU Provisioning" plugins have the exact same video on their respective pages. how come ???

Oops, its our fault. I have informed our Sales team to fix that asap on the page here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-multisite-provisioning/

Thanks for pointing this out.

Currently "WHMCS WP Integration" plugin only supports the default WHMCS theme, correct ? If I am paying a 3rd party to integrate my WHMCS into my website with a custom responsive design, then there is no other need for this plugin, correct ?

Yeah, that is correct. However if you are already paying a 3rd party, you do not need this plugin.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• amused

excellent, thanks a lot,

i think i am almost there :slight_smile:

1 - you mentioned "WHMCS also creates the sites as a subsite in the same db",
    by this you mean ONLY with the "WHMCS MU Provisioning" plugin ?
    if WHMCS can do this already, then why do I need the plugin for a WP multisite if WHMCS does this and a whole lot more ?

2 - You said that "Prosites" and "WHMCS MU Provisioning" are "2 different setups and billing systems but the latest version of Provisioning integrates with Pro Sites". OK, so can I use "WHMCS MU Provisioning" for creating and billing sites (sub domains in WP multisite) and simultaneously use "Prosites" only for selecting the themes and plugins ? "can I have my cake and eat it to ?" :slight_smile: in other words, what is the "integration part" ? Is the integration part such that I adjust the themes and plugins from "Prosites" and that would sync with the plans created in WHMCS using the "WHMCS MU Provisioning" plugin ?

Kind regards,

RC.

• Arnold

WHMCS may not even be on the same server as the WP Multisite server. Provisioning is the piece that communicates the commands from WHMCS to WordPress. Natively WHMCS doesn't know what WordPress is.

Provisioning receives the request to make the new site and if a Pro-sites level is defined, gives the site that level. A Pro-sites level can be part of the Product now.

If the level comes from WHMCS then it overrides the local Pro-sites billing and the charges and subscription are through WHMCS.

So you wouldn't want to mix WHMCS billing and Pro-sites billing. They each handle things quite differently. You would want to make the products in WHMCS if you want to bill through WHMCS.

• amused

yes this is all great insight.
    thank you very much indeed !!!
    I believe I understand the differences and how they may work together now.

This critical piece (see screenshot) of information i missed really helped, taken from the "usage" section of the "WHMCS MU Provisioning" plugin page.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-multisite-provisioning/#usage

One more thing concerning the "domain mapping" plugin ;
    I initially asked if it has to be done in "admin dashboard" only and was told unfortunately "yes" .
    BUT - WHMCS can easily do this, ie. choosing a domain name (using enom) on the front end side of the website before choosing a site plan.
    would this integrate into the WP multisite/Prosites community site and be shown as "mapped" ???

kind regards,

RC.

• amused

sounds great but not sure i understand u %100.

what u r saying is that by using a WHMCS "product/service" together with their (WHMCS) domain name selection procedure, the site user won't be able to change their domain in their dashboard using the "domain mapping" plugin ? Is this what you mean by "It just can't change it afterward" ?

This would be true even if the "WHMCS MU Provisioning" and "domain mapping" plugins are used ?

If this is the case then the "domain mapping" plugin would be unnecessary, but the user can still change their domain in the WHMCS portal ?

kind regards,

RC.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.