ProSites wipes almost all Prosites data when enabling Stripe

When I tried to enable the Stripe Payment Gateway today, it refreshes the page with the box unchecked. Then I find that about ~80% of Prosites settings have been reset to a default state (and wiped out!). All modules get disabled and most of their settings go to default! Pricing Chart... gone... all that work.. Wow! What a bug!

You can tell it resets almost every setting because when I looked at my pages listing, I see about 30+ new checkout pages named 'Pro Site' for my 30+ retries of enabling stripe. PayPal doesn't seem to cause it lose it's mind though.

I went through 4 versions back from the current (3.5.4), still the same issues with every single one. I also disabled all plugins except Prosites and the issue happens still.

I don't have too much of a crazy multisite setup, I use Varnish on the frontend, SSL on the backend, and I do have object-cache.php and memcached installed, but no other plugins I have conflict with it. I've had Prosites working flawlessly with object-cache.php in the past with no issues too.

This is bad! Need some ideas here...

• Rupok

Hi Carmelo

Wow! That's terrific. I had Stripe payment gateway enabled for my test Multisite but I didn't face anything like this. But to make double sure, I removed everything from Pro Sites, then configured Stripe Payment Gateway and saved but nothing got wiped out.

So this is your site specific issue. Let's try to figure out why this happened.
    You said ~80% of Prosites settings have been reset to a default state (and wiped out!). Can you please specifically mention which settings got wiped out? I know it's tedious for you, but this will really help us to understand the impact and origin of the issue. 30 Pro Sites page is really weird.

However, the only complex thing I see here is your caching. Obviously caching is a very good method for making sites faster, but in some cases, caching creates weird issues. Can you try disabling all your caching and check if the issue is still there? I'm curious to know.

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Carmelo

Sections that do not get affected:
    - Levels
    - Affiliate Settings

Sections that do get wiped out:
    - Everything else.

Completely disabled Varnish caching, made webserver (nginx) listen on port 80 directly. No change in stripe wiping everything out- still does.

I enabled support. Hopefully you can find something out. It seems that if worst comes to worst, I can use Paypal, though I'd rather use Stripe. I haven't made the website 'live' so you can try to enable Stripe and see how it wipes out settings.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.