Prosites - wp-signup.php - checkout page - confused!

Hi

Really confused with the Prosites plugin, so difficult to set up and configure. I now have two pages, the checkout page (image 1) and the sign-up page (image 2). I thought the two are combined so when I direct users to sign up with a free trail they enter their details on the sign-up page and then have to choose a package, but when I test from the sign-up page the checkout page is not connected and instead the message that the user has successfully created a site appears. How does the flow work?

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Richard!

The flow with ProSites works like this:

User registers for site > User activates/confirms > User can now upgrade from a free, basic site to a ProSite plan.

Or, alternatively:

Admin creates user account > User logs in with account > User can upgrade to a ProSite

Shortening that process, so users can register and upgrade to a ProSite in a single set of steps, is in the feature package of the next big release of ProSites, which is in the final polishing stages. Up until now, the two part process has been necessary, but our team has found a way to streamline it quite a bit. I don't have an exact ETA on release, but it should be sooner than later. I believe the admin experience is also going to be a lot smoother, so working with ProSites should be a lot less aggravating for you very soon. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your question!

• Sajid

Hi, Richard!

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes this way user will be able to login and use some basic features to get a glimpse of what you are offering and what they will get when they will upgrade. Later they can upgrade any time to next level when they will need more features.

If you don't want to offer free version then you can enable this option from Network > Pro Sites > Modules/Gateways > Pay To Blog to complete lock front end and backend until payment.

Feel free to post your reply if you need further support regarding this ticket :slight_smile:

Cheers!