Prot Sites & eNom not working

I'm trying to get Pro Sites to work with eNom, this is what I've done already.

Created an eNom account through the Pro Sites plugin.
Contacted eNom to add my IP address (162.221.206.236)

I keep getting the following message:

https://covenant.tinytake.com/sf/MTIyMDI0Ml80NjU5NTYy

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Glenton,

Please disable first second Domain Mapping plugin and then configure correctly our Domain Mapping plugin so it will work without any errors that are now displaying there.

Next step is to get in touch with your host. It might be a possible that the request going from your IP are appearing to be coming from a different IP to enom. (Strange but possible).
    Then you will have two IP for eNom to whitelist.
    This is most common reason for this error

User not permitted from this IP address - 4

to show up.

let me know if this will help

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin

Hi Glenton,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website, and I was able to notice the following error, under Settings > Domain Mapping > Resellar Optionns:
    Looks like your credentials are invalid. Please, check the errors sent by eNom server:

Contacting Enom would really help you out, and the best thing to do here. And as mentioned above by Kasia, did you get any response from your host? Could you also let us know what your host had to say?

Please do let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Glenton

Their response was vague as expected.

Hello, unfortunately, we don't deal with 3rd party tools as that's outside of our scope of support. However how IP assignment works is our ACLs will all you usage of your assigned IP addresses without restrictions in our data center. We hope that gives you more insight in helping with your problem.

I also contacted eNom, they couldn't really help any further either.

If you're getting that error it means the IP address provided is not the one that is sending API commands from your network.

Please contact your network administrator to investigate what other another IP address used for outbound traffic from your network.

As the API list is inclusive and passive we have no way to be able to help you determine the IP address your sending from.

So I'm basically going around in a circle.

• Nithin

Hi Glenton,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

If you're getting that error it means the IP address provided is not the one that is sending API commands from your network.

eNom already has mentioned to check this with your host, could you please check this with your hosting provider, that see whether any other IP is used for sending API command from your network. There could be a possibility that your IP is getting routed through another IP, double checking this with your host should help you here.

Once that IP gets authorized by eNom, it should work without any issue, and these are beyond the control of our plugin.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok

Hi Glenton,

Well, in that case, we are on our own as your hosting people could not provide you an exact IP address.

Can you please tell us which IP address did you whitelist in eNom for your site? Did you try with this IP? 162.221.206.197

I could tell you better about the IP if I could make some tests on your site. Would you mind revoking and granting Support Access once again so we can have a closer look at this?

I can see Support Access granted but when I tried to login, it shows me the following error:
    The admin did not enable remote access. Please ask the user to grant access.

And if you have SSH access on your server, can you please send me a message with SSH access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ ?

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - SSH root Username
    - SSH root Password
    - SSH IP
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access and sending SSH credentials. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Glenton,

You can create SSH credentials from inside your cPanel. However, if you are not confident with handing that, can you please send me message with your cPanel access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ ?

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - cPanel Username
    - cPanel Password
    - cPanel Login URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

I'll jump in as soon as you send. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Glenton,

I'm really very sorry for the delay from our end and I do apologize for it. Thanks for sending your cPanel credentials. I logged in and checked your dedicated IP in cPanel and that is: 162.221.206.197

Then I logged in with SSH and checked your network configuration. I found these:

Your main interface IP: 162.221.206.235
    Subinterface 1 IP: 162.221.206.233
    Subinterface 2 IP: 162.221.206.198
    Subinterface 3 IP: 162.221.206.197
    Subinterface 4 IP: 162.221.206.236

As I'm not sure which IP is sending the request to eNom API, can you please try whitelisting all these 5 IP addresses and check what happens?

Please let us know how it goes. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok