Protect Content - No Access for Members

Hello,

This was working and now is not. (I believe the issue may be affiliated with the WP 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 auto update).

Users who have access to the "Basic Membership Level" or the "HP Team Membership" level are being denied access to this page (it is a Product page for purchase of an Appointment time). In fact all of these appointment products are locked off by PC despite the settings being set to allow access to both of these Member levels.

Here is the page that is being protected ..
http://www.icononemultisport.com/store/products/appointment-performance-assessment-bike-run/

I have disabled all caching.
I have enabled support access.

Looking forward to any help to resolve as this is a live site with members now trying to use it.

-j

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jeff,

Hope you're doing well today!

I just tested this out on my install and I'm not having the same issue, upgraded to 4.2 and its fine as well. Have you upgraded to 4.2 yet? Try that and see if it sorts out the issue :slight_smile:

Otherwise, could you grant support access so we can have a closer look?

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back Jeff! Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Jeff

Hi @Tyler,

Thanks for the help. I have enabled support access on the site.

I have a cloned version of this site that we use for testing purposes its at http://avidclient.com - i have enable support access there too.

By way of trying to get this issue resolved - I have done the following:

1. I have updated all plugins
    2. Updated to WP 4.2 (only on the clone site)
    3. Systematically disabled all plugins (except for a few core ones) and tested at each juncture to see if it makes a difference.
    4. Enabled the default 2015 theme - no change.

A couple of points .. as the page being protected is a Marketpress "products" page it is a Custom Post Type. The other PC protected pages work properly - including BBPress protection - only these ones do not .. and they are Custom Post Types.

Note that for now I have disabled protection of these pages - so that users can access them on the live site - the cloned site at avidclient.com has the protection enabled.

Certainly appreciated any assistance.

-Jeff

• Jeff

I have now updated the main site to WP 4.2. All plugins are now up-to-date. (Including the latest version of Protect Content).

I have followed the troubleshooting flowchart - disabling and looking for conflicts with specific plugins, as well as reverting to the default WP theme. No change.

At this point, I'm starting to believe I have something misconfigured in PC (although - it worked prior to the WP 4.1.2 auto-update).

I have extended support access.

Thanks - Jeff

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jeff,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your patience!

The issue looks to be the redirect from www. to your non-www domain. I've removed the www from the first booking button on your http://icononemultisport.com/book-an-appointment/ page and it looks to have fixed the issue. Give it a check yourself and then if it's all good you can change the other buttons :slight_smile: it looks like your whole site is non-www, so it is better from an internal linking perspective to make all the links non-www as well.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.