Protect content plugin - where is the tiered option?

Hi there, I am trying to set up tiered content access, but I cannot find that option (the screenshots in your docs are completely different to the plugin). If you could answer some questions for me, that would be great!

1: How do I set up a tiered content access?

2: I want to be able to have two tiers - users of the first cannot access the second, but users of the second can access both.

3: Can I manually add users? I am guessing it is just using the WordPress user registration, but I cannot see anywhere that I can select what tier the users have access to.

4: Is there a way to have the sign-up process for the 2 tiers on separate pages, so if someone wants to join tier 1, they cannot see the tier 2 sign-up form, etc?

Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your question.

1: How do I set up a tiered content access?

2: I want to be able to have two tiers - users of the first cannot access the second, but users of the second can access both.

From Protected Content plugin version 1.1 the Tiered and Content-Type Membership types are dropped and converted to Standard so you should use the Standard membership as displayed din the attached screenshot.

I have also notified the plugin usage writer to change it on the plugin project page.

You can achieve this using the Standard membership so just set up it and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

3: Can I manually add users? I am guessing it is just using the WordPress user registration, but I cannot see anywhere that I can select what tier the users have access to.

You can manually add users from the following WordPress add new user screen.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Users_Add_New_Screen

Then you can assign the membership to the newly created user from the following path as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Admin Area -> Protected Content -> Members

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.