Protect premium content - URL's

We have an online newsletter that is "premium" content. A person has to login in order to see this content after they have paid their subscription fee.

My question is... the direct link to this premium content seems to be unprotected. We have a feedburner feed set up. So there are "automatic" emails being generated with a direct link to this premium content. But the link goes directly to the content and does not require the person to login. In essence, anyone with the link could see the content.

If you go to the site directly, it seems to work correctly. If you go to the premium section, you get the "Oops, premium users only" message which requires you to login to view. Which is what we want.

I've tested sending out the link myself in just Gmail and it does the same thing. Viewable by anyone with the link.

Any suggestions on this....

Thanks

• CMG
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Under levels currently, I have a Premium membership set. I have two "categories" protected.

I don't have any positive or negative rules. I tried creating URL group, and then put this under the same level, but that didn't seem to work either.....

Do I need positive and negative rules. What needs to be protected is a "post" that comes out once a month for premium members only....

Thanks for you help!!!!

• CMG
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Here is the link to the website of the protected area. This seems to work correctly.

But here is the direct link of a post or "Newsletter" that should be protected for premium members only. As you can see, it goes straight to the post.

attached are some screenshots of my levels.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by
    yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live
    support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free
    to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as
    Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.