Protected Content: Give a user permission to assign content a membership.

(For some reason I can't select Protected Content under "Select an installed plugin" even though this is the plugin I'm a member for. I had to choose WPMU DEV Dashboard as my only option.)

I have WPLMS installed on my site with Protected Content installed but I need to be able to allow my Instructors, or at least a semi-admin type user, permissions to apply protected content membership tags to their courses and course content. How would I go about doing this?

I noticed that you've released Membership 2 to replace Protected Content. Does this mean that, like Membership Pro, this integrates with WPLMS? And since it's replacing Protected Content, does that mean that my membership will switch to this product instead? And the point of these questions - will it solve my original problem?

Kind regards

Mitchell

• Ash

Hello @Mitchell

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

(For some reason I can't select Protected Content under "Select an installed plugin" even though this is the plugin I'm a member for. I had to choose WPMU DEV Dashboard as my only option.)

Would you please post a screenshot of that page? Would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I have WPLMS installed on my site with Protected Content installed but I need to be able to allow my Instructors, or at least a semi-admin type user, permissions to apply protected content membership tags to their courses and course content. How would I go about doing this?

This wont be possible out of the box I am afraid. The membership is maintained by only site admin.

I noticed that you've released Membership 2 to replace Protected Content. Does this mean that, like Membership Pro, this integrates with WPLMS? And since it's replacing Protected Content, does that mean that my membership will switch to this product instead?

Yes, your membership should be switched to new product. If it doesn't please let us know, we will change it manually for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Nikkii

Thanks Ash,
    (Attached is the screenshot for the first issue.)
    Thanks for your help on this issue. I'll have to find another way to manage the limitation.

I've checked in Wordpress and it now says I can upgrade to Membership2 however clicking the autoupdate poses an error.
    "The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature"
    Although a quick search on this implies that it may be a problem with my setup ie. storage space limit which I'll have to check but this is an issue for another topic if I can't resolve it myself.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Mitchell

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for your reply.

(Attached is the screenshot for the first issue.)

This is because we have replaced the Protected Content with the advanced version of it called the Membership 2 Pro plugin therefore it's no longer available in the drop down to select.

Although a quick search on this implies that it may be a problem with my setup ie. storage space limit which I'll have to check but this is an issue for another topic if I can't resolve it myself.

Sure please check it and feel free to ask fro help here if you can't manage to resolve it.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.