Protected Content - How do I let members know which dripped content is available

I've set up a membership that get's dripped content. How are members supposed to see which content is available to them? I'm assuming there must be shortcodes that I could add to the Account page that show content as it becomes available, but I don't see where these shortcodes are.

Also, it would seem critical that there be a notification system in place to let users know when new content becomes available via email.

I've got to say that the documentation for back-end setup is okay, but there's no direction that I can find for setting up the front-end. Is there a user's guide?

• Jason

I did find the list of available shortcodes in the help section. It seems like What I need to be able to do is create a page with a list of all the drip content and links to the content pages. I would then wrap each link with a shortcode that would prevent a user from seeing that link until the drip time period specified for that content.

If the user somehow got onto a drip page that they don't have access to yet, I would want to show them a message that says they will have access, but don't yet.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Jason, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

Since you've answered the first point already (with your follow up response here), allow me to address the remaining parts:

Also, it would seem critical that there be a notification system in place to let users know when new content becomes available via email.

If the user somehow got onto a drip page that they don't have access to yet, I would want to show them a message that says they will have access, but don't yet.

These would be both be neat features to have, I've put in a feature request for them for you. :slight_smile:

I've got to say that the documentation for back-end setup is okay, but there's no direction that I can find for setting up the front-end. Is there a user's guide?

What kind of directions were you looking for? We'd definitely be open to suggestions on that. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Jason

Thank you for the reply Michael. Unfortunately this issue has forced me to use a different membership plugin. For someone dripping out content, it just doesn't work not to have a way to show users which content is available to them.

The plugin I ended up using allows me to wrap links in a shortcode:

[mepr-rule id="363" ifallowed="show"]Lesson #2 | Creating Collector and Gallery-Worthy Artwork – Quality Assessment[/mepr-rule]

By combining "show" and "hide", I was able to create a page that shows a member which content is available automatically.

I urge you to consider implementing something similar with Protected Content.

Thanks!

• Jason

No, this won't help. I've created a page that shows a kind of table of contents for all of the available content. I list each post twice, once as a link, and once as text-only. Then I wrap it in the shortcodes for each drip. As content becomes available to a user the text-only disappears and the link appears.

By doing this a user can come to one page and see all content that is currently available to her.

As Protected Content is currently implemented, drip content drips permission to files, but there is no way for a user to see what content is currently available. You could create a list of links, but the user would have to click on each link to see whether the particular content is available or not. This would be a terrible user experience.

Until there is a solution to this, I would consider Protected Content's drip feature unusable.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.