Protected Content - Media screen options

Hi There,
I want to protect media, but I have a problem - All of my media files have titles like "Lesson 01", etc., and there are multiple files with the same title. The file names are unique, and they are all attached to each course' relevant page.

I'd like it if the PC media browser's table had display options, so that I could sort by title, filename, or attachment page.

I would also like it if PC features were shown in WP's native media browser and media edit pages, like they are in the post editor.

Note: I've tried searching by unique keywords (present in file name and in description) but I do not receive relevant results (for example, I have 94 files with the keyword "nefesh" in the description and file name. Searching PC media browser for "nefesh" only returns five irrelevant results.

• Tyler Postle

Hey benny,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for the feedback!

The media search searches the title of the media, which isn't necessarily the file name is you changed it after uploading the image, and the description.

Are those 5 images the only ones that have nefresh in the description? If so, then that's why they are the only ones showing up. If others have it in the description too then could you grant access so we can have a closer look?

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

I'm marking filtering options as a feature request :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey benny,

Thanks for your patience here!

Can I set relative dates for dripped content (i.e. "1 month from user's registration date":wink:

Yes, you can set it relative to the date that the user subscribed to the membership :slight_smile: I've attached a screenshot to illustrate.

Can I set media dripped content dates?

Currently it's not possible to set media to be dripped. Best alternative now would be to embed media into pages and protect those and set them on a drip. I can see this being quite tedious if you have a lot of media though, I'll move this to the feature requests.

We don't have a public roadmap right now. We use to provide ETA's and that sort of thing, but if ETA's weren't met then it caused a lot of upset customers. Now we only mention release dates if we're positive it's coming out then. Although we are considering doing some rough road maps for some plugins/themes, we know lots of members do like to know whats coming, even if there is no specific date set.

I've never actually heard of a future bounty. So I can say we likely don't do that now, but sounds interesting - I could bring it up with the higher ups and see what they think :slight_smile: just let me know what that would entail.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• uxwebtech

Thanks for the screenies.

Roadmap: without committing to release dates, it would help customers to know which features are in the pipe (e.g. if i have a project which relies on X feature, should I wait on it or give up?)
    Similarly, feature bounties should be like the jobs board is currently, but with a higher chance that a) devs will work on my feature and b) it will be accepted into core. Right now the advice offered is "post it on jobs, see if someone takes it and maybe it'll be accepted" but that is a very risky move. what if it's not accepted, and future updates break my expensive custom feature?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Benny,

Thanks for the reply!

Roadmap: without committing to release dates, it would help customers to know which features are in the pipe (e.g. if i have a project which relies on X feature, should I wait on it or give up?)

We actually discussed a features board in our team meeting yesterday. Majority agreed it's a good idea. Would allow a more publicly available board for members to vote on and check progress on features.

The jobs board is for community members only so none of our on staff developers take any jobs. Only the pro's from within the community. I totally see what you mean about an update breaking an expensive custom feature. Hopefully we'll get a features board going so everyone will have an idea of whats coming. That way, if they can see a major update to MarketPress and it's checkout is coming then they may want to hold off on getting any checkout work done.

Thanks again for bringing this up Benny!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.