Protected Content – Membership Level Registration – Misaligned Tag

I have Protected Content (PC) set up and have two membership levels in place. One of these membership levels (Basic Membership) allows visitors to self-register (free).

When an un-logged-in user encounters a protected area – PC displays the login form, with a link below that allows unregistered users to register. OK – works fine.

BUT – when the user registers the logic flow is odd. The page displays as per the attached screen-shot AFTER the user has filled in their registration details.

Two concerns about this …

(1) the user has already filled in the registration form – so its confusing to see it again.

(2) the partial html displayed (see green arrow) make me think there is an error on that page and how its generated.

That page – is auto-generated by the plugin – I didn't embed any shortcode.

I have enabled support access – in case this is something the support gurus can resolve by looking under the covers.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Jeff,

Hope you’re doing well today!

This looks like it could be a conflict with your visual editor, would you mind deactivating that and see if it resolves the issue? If you could edit that page in classic mode instead of through the visual editor that might help too :slight_smile:

That register form shouldn’t be showing by default, unless you placed the register shortcode on it. Which it doesn’t look like you have.

Look forward to hearing back on this!

All the best,

Tyler

• Jeff
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the response and looking in to this. I deactivated WPBakery Visual Composer (VC) – which breaks most of the pages on the site. No resolution with that. I reactivated VC.

I then edited the “register” page so that the VC tags were removed from around the code. (Using the basic text editor only) The misaligned tag remained. Hmm.

• Jeff

When we revert back to the default WP 2015 theme, the misaligned tag does not appear, but:

the user must fill in the registration form and submit the form, only to be presented with the same form again along with the membership level options (in this case on one level (basic membership). See attached 2 screenshots.

Is this the normal behaviour?

It doesn’t make sense to me to have the registration form re-presented to the user.

The problem that I am left with is the misaliged tag being exposed when we use our main theme (Vellum by Parallelus) AND the logic flow of the screens, as outlined above.

Any assistance appreciated.

-Jeff

• Jeff

I’m still not sure why this is happening – but I’m guessing there is a conflict between the theme we are using and Protected Content.

I’ve decided to ditch this approach and simply code the link into the URL on a button.

Added the following to the button for signup and the user is properly registered into the “Basic membership” with no issues.

domain.com/register/?action=register_user&step=payment_table&membership_id=xxxx

I suppose we can therefore mark this as closed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.