Protected Content - Membership - Passwor Protected

Subject:
'Attn: Vinod Dalvi'

Protected Content - Membership - Password Protected

Hi Vinod
just read the advice you forwarded to Trish about Membership... where you recon to disable BuddyPress Registration. Now I am wondering could respond to the following questions I have too?

1) Disable BuddyPress Registration: do I do that by untick Account Settings: Allow your users to modify their account and notification settings directly from within their profiles...?

2) Have extended User Profile with additional fields as I wish to use "this new form" as ONLY registration form; do I have to create a page named 'our registration' or do I have to use the form which I had to create when setting up BuddyPress?

3) Also, user can register 'front-end' only... as our policy does not allow that one not employed with us can access the wordpress back end. Can this be accomplished by placing a short code within registration form... what's the short code formula?

4) Does these plugin Protected Content - Membership - Password Protect work hand in hand? Wish to use protected content for STRIPE - Membership for setting up various membership levels... password protect for several posts exchanged with VIP members (no STRIPE necessary) only?

5) We have multisite - multi-db installed. Member registration only possible on main page... but to unburden server traffic/database traffic we spread e.g. all FAQ's, T&C, TofU etc. to one sub domain... determined as 'superintendence' / organizational stuff only. BuddyPress activities run on another sub domain... ecommerce on one sub domain... etc. However, if a member registers on main domain while linking during registration process to documents entered and stored in 'superintendence' sub domain and it's database... does this concept work out?

Thanks for your attention
Pura Vida
Prinz

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Prinz,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1) Disable BuddyPress Registration: do I do that by untick Account Settings: Allow your users to modify their account and notification settings directly from within their profiles...?

In the BuddyPress settings just set the Register page as None as shown in the attached screenshot.

2) Have extended User Profile with additional fields as I wish to use "this new form" as ONLY registration form; do I have to create a page named 'our registration' or do I have to use the form which I had to create when setting up BuddyPress?

I am not sure i understood your this question, could you please explain it a bit more in detail?

3) Also, user can register 'front-end' only... as our policy does not allow that one not employed with us can access the WordPress back end. Can this be accomplished by placing a short code within registration form... what's the short code formula?

What do you mean by "user can register 'front-end' only" and please tell me what you are trying to achieve?

4) Does these plugin Protected Content - Membership - Password Protect work hand in hand? Wish to use protected content for STRIPE - Membership for setting up various membership levels... password protect for several posts exchanged with VIP members (no STRIPE necessary) only?

As both plugins Protected Content and Membership provide Membership functionality there they won't work together. You can use Protected Content for using STRIPE payment and creating various Membership levels.

Find more information about usage of Protected Content plugin on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/protected-content/#usage

The Password Protected plugin will work well with both plugins.

5) We have multisite - multi-db installed. Member registration only possible on main page... but to unburden server traffic/database traffic we spread e.g. all FAQ's, T&C, TofU etc. to one sub domain... determined as 'superintendence' / organizational stuff only. BuddyPress activities run on another sub domain... ecommerce on one sub domain... etc. However, if a member registers on main domain while linking during registration process to documents entered and stored in 'superintendence' sub domain and it's database... does this concept work out?

Yes i think this concept will work. You have to use the following plugin that automatically adds users to each site in your WordPress network.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-user-management/

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.