Protected Content - Membership roles integrated into Wordpress roles?

Hi there!
is it possible to have the user roles created by Protected Content (based on the membership levels we create) appear in the list of WordPress user roles?

I have a few plugins (social logins etc) that allow me to specify a user role a new website registrants can be assigned to. Unfortunately I can only see the standard Wordpress roles (subscribers, editor, etc). Can I perhaps tweak something so that Protected Content roles can be "seen" together with standard Wordpress roles?

Cheers

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @emanuele_venditti,

There is no option to add memberships to roles but there is an option to modify membership capabilities.

What you need to do is go to Protected Content > Add-ons and enable Member Capabilities add-on.
    Now go to Protected Content > Protected Content > Capabilities tab and modify membership capabilities there.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• emanuele_venditti

Hi and thanks!
    I activated the module but don't really understand what I can/should do. I went through all the available capabilities but I did not see "Subscriber". Guess that is a Role, not a Capability.

The reason I asked the question is that I am implementing Social Login through a third party plugin. What the plugin does is automatically create a Wordpress account for the new user. I can tell this plugin (and a couple others I am using) to immediately assign a role to the new user.
    Unfortunately I can only select from Wordpress roles, not Protected Content roles.

I thought (and hoped!) that Wordpress "Subscribers" would have access to the membership type called "Default Membership - for logged in users". But they don't.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @emanuele_venditti,

Sorry for the delay here.

Memberships and Roles are different things, Capabilities are used to assign certain capabilities for certain memberships on your site.

Memberships are not dependent on roles, so different roles are can have same membership, and if I understand correctly you want certain membership to have certain role? Unfortunately this is currently not possible with protected content, if you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.