Really having difficulty with this new Protected Content plugin. Stuff that worked easily in Membership seems complex or missing now.
In Membership, it was very easy to ensure that Visitors had access to specific content, and Members had access to everything else. This was easily accomplished by creating a Visitors access level and using a combination of positive and negative rules. Then on the Membership access level, essentially have no rules and a Member could access everything when associated with a role.
Am I understanding that now the concept is changed and I can only "protect" content? I want to tell the system that Members should have access to everything, and Visitors can have access to particular content (pages and content types).
1. How do I allow access to browse Classifieds for non-members AND members, meaning specifically what rule or setting will accomplish that? Again, I want ALL site visitors to be able to browse classifieds. I can't even get Members to access classified categories or classified posts, even using URL groups. It seems like there is no way to indicate the virtual directories created by Classifieds. I've tried these expressions:
3. If I want my Activity Stream to be my homepage, because that's what makes sense for Members, how do I make it so that the Protected Content page appears if a non-member/visitor accesses the homepage?
4. I have alignment issues on the Protected Content login page. I'm attaching two images which best illustrate this. You can see what's going on at this URL: http://www.quiltersbug.net/protected-content/?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.quiltersbug.net%2Fcf-categories%2Fthread%2F&loggedout=true
5. How do I prevent visitors/non-members from having direct access to Group URLs? For example, a non-member can access http://www.quiltersbug.net/groups/applique/
6. How do I allow access to my shopping pages for visitors/non-members? I don't want to block non-members from shopping. I can see how I can protectthe shopping pages, but how do I allowthem for any site visitor?
7. The login area that now appears on a Protected Content page is nice, but alignment is all out of whack for me (not sure if it's theme related but I use BuddyBoss). I'm attaching two images that illustrate the issues and detail what I'm looking for.
SUPPORT ACCESS IS TURNED ON :slight_smile:
Thanks very much for your help.