Protected Content Notifications

Okay, so we provide local video to our community and want to make certain categories protected and requiring a login, but no payment. When going to the protected category page I need the user to be aware they need to signup. I have popover and would like to incorporate that, but not 100% sure how to do that.

Also, on certain post I want to have the ability to allow users to read the first part of the article, which would allow the title and initial part of the story to appear on my main page, but when clicked on would require the user to login.

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi Thomas,

Membership has a PopUp registration available, so when your user gets prompted to log in, it should just pop up. For protecting partial content on a page, just use a shortcode to wrap the content that you want to be hidden and prompt the popup registration. When you created your Member level, the shortcode was created for you, probably [level-member], which would be the opening code for protecting content and [/level-member] for marking the end of protected content.

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Paul

"Try it, you'll like it!"

~Advice from an Alka Seltzer ad.

• aecnu

Greetings Thomas,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.