Protected Content Or Membership Pro?

I had protected content on my site and get a notification that it will be changed to memberships pro. When I updated the plugin it still says protected content as the name of the plugin. Is this a error or should I delete the other one and install the new Membership 2 plugin with fresh install. thanks

• Atkotech

The instructions for Membership 2 confirm that you should be able to upgrade from Protected Content without any problems. The plugin name should show Membership 2 Pro after the upgrade. The upgrade from Protected Content to M2 should be a simple Available Update in your plugins directory like any other plugin. If you proceed with the available update it should handle everything for you. Personally speaking I removed the original plugin & installed the M2 as a new plugin as I hadn't set up any Membership options for the original plugin but the update should work according to the instructions, in fact it says it's the easiest option.

• Patrick

Hi there @Jason

I hope you're having a great day!

Indeed, as @coremedia has stated, the new Membership2 plugin should replace the old Protected Content plugin automatically. In your WordPress admin sidebar menu, the new plugin should appear as Membership2.

If you still see Protected Content there, please ensure that there is no admin-side cache interfering. Also, you may want to double-check your Plugins page in the admin to be sure that Protected Content has indeed been replaced.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.