Protected Content Redirection (Membership2Pro plus Multisite)

Situation:
User is on subsite1 and tries to view a page protected by a higher membership level than the user has. User is redirected to main site with the protected content message (complete with login information). However, it is removing that user from subsite1 to give them this message, which I feel is very jarring to a user's experience.

Solution Inquiry:
Is there a way to display the message directly on a subsite without moving the user? I plan to have links to the main site for upgrades, registration, and so forth.

Is this possible? If not, any ideas as to another way to create a better user experience in this matter?

• Ash

Hello Stephanie

However, it is removing that user from subsite1 to give them this message

What do you mean by removing that user? The user is removed from the subsite and added to any other site/main site?

Is there a way to display the message directly on a subsite without moving the user?

Again, I am sorry, what do you mean by moving here?

Do you mean, the protected message is showing by redirecting to main site where you want the protection message in subsite?

Are you using membership in network mode or each subsite mode? If network mode, then you can't show the protection message in each subsite, it will get redirected to the site you select from the membership settings. In subsite mode, you can configure the membership plugin on every subsite and can select subsite page for protected message.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Stephanie

If network mode, then you can't show the protection message in each subsite, it will get redirected to the site you select from the membership settings.

This answered my question. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, moving meant redirecting. Not a database/site move. I used that word because it is a term I use when a user experience is changed "moved" not the physical user from the installation.

I am using it network wide and I did not like the redirection to the main site. However, I need the membership to be networkwide. It just felt like a poor decision to redirect the user to a different site, which can be confusing in general and creates a poor user experience.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.