Protected Content vs. Membership Pro

I am looking for a very simple way to add paid-for content on my site. I'm just curious as to what the main difference is between Protected Content and Membership Pro?

I did use Membership Pro for a while but am looking for a simpler option. For example, have single pieces of content protected until a user pays for that one piece (no user accounts/passwords needed). I don't know if that's even possible...any ideas?

Thanks

• Dave
    • The Incredible Code Injector

That does help @Patrick - thank you!

Just so I choose the right plugin...Protected Content DOES create member accounts? What's the main difference b/w it and Memberships Pro?

I think Pay Per View is the way I'll go, but I just want to make sure I choose the right one so I don't have to change things in the future. Thanks again :slight_smile:

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @Dave

Sorry the response took a while longer than expected. Appreciate your patience
    Looks like @Patrick is a bit busy so Im gonna take the liberty of chipping in here.

Protected Content is a better version of Membership, it has a bunch of improvements, bugfixes and features for example Membership Pro does not handle one user in many membership types well while its a breeze with PC.

Also PC is going to have a bunch of improvements and features coming in constantly

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.