Protected Content Woocommerce Integration

Hey, is there a way to integrate WooCommerce with Protected Content? If I sell a specific product the buyer should be automatically added to a specific level of a membership. Also I want only members who purchased a product so I do not want to have the membership publicy accessible at all. Is there something like a extra plugin or do you have an approach for me how to do this?

Patrick

Hi there @Konrad

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

No, we don't have a plugin that can automatically add a new user to your site with a Protected Content membership when they purchase a WooCommerce product.

It sounds like that would be a bit tricky to implement, as a user account must be created for them at the time of purchase.

Then, there must be checks to determine if the user has already been registered if/when they purchase an additional product. If they are already a registered member, having made a previous purchase, are they then moved to a different membership depending on the product they just now purchased?

However, if you require that the user create an account on your site before being able to purchase anything, then the checks just became a lot simpler.

This type of custom implementation is not really something that we can help you develop here in the forums. You may wish to consider posting your requirements to our jobs board:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

In the meantime, I'll see if the developer can provide you with a head-start on which actions and/or filters you can hook into in Protected Content for your custom requirements.