Protected documents when use 'add files'

• woolfbrown

1. Inside the ticket you can use the add files option but it uploads it to the usual unprotected location. I am using the Membership plugin too. This is a big security issue if someone has the link/location of the file and can be shown in searches. Can the uploaded documents not be protected .

2. Also how do I change it in your WPMU forum posts so that no-one sees my user name (on this support ticket it is showing even though I have changed nickname in WPMU account to another)

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @woolfbrown,

I hope you're well today!

1. Inside the ticket you can use the add files option but it uploads it to the usual unprotected location. I am using the Membership plugin too. This is a big security issue if someone has the link/location of the file and can be shown in searches. Can the uploaded documents not be protected .

To protect your uploaded documents from being publicly accessible you may use Access Levels rules. In your dashboard please go to the

"Membership" -> "Access Levels" -> [Edit] selected level

There's a section called "Content rules" in the right column, including "Downloads". By adding "Downloads" to "Negative Rules" for this selected level you'll prevent the members on this level from accessing the files. If you use "Visitors" level, you should be able to protect those files from everyone's view except registered members.

2. Also how do I change it in your WPMU forum posts so that no-one sees my user name (on this support ticket it is showing even though I have changed nickname in WPMU account to another)

I'm afraid I'm not quite following you here. On every forum, regardless of it being public or closed, you're using some kind of nickname/login or other identification. I might be missing something here, so could you please elaborate a bit on this? I'll gladly assist you!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.