I just updated WordPress to 4.8, followed by updating the Membership 2 Pro Plugin to the latest available. All of my protected Media Item links now forward to my blog page when navigated to, instead of downloading the file (for users have access), or showing the No Access page (for users who have no access).
I have tried the following:
- Reset permalinks structure
- Reset the permissions on the files
- Reset the user's memberships
- Modified the URL to remove trailing backslash
- Modified the URL to remove the file extension
This is, as I see it, two bad releases in a row. I'm starting to lose faith. I'll be downgrading once again to the old version, and it may be the last time I try a new release until I have no choice.