Protected Menu Items with dripped membership

Hi,

We've setup a dripped content membership. And wanted to make images available every week on the dripped content. We've tried a few things:

- Place the image in a Page and protect the page with a set date. Works for the page but not for the menu (menu items cannot have set dates) so how would the users know that a page has been made available?

- Create a free Product on woo-commerce and protect it. Still lists the product although it doesn't allow access to it. So same problem as above.

- Put all the images in a page and protect the images. Doesn't seem this can be done. Or maybe the shortcode for protecting content allows to set the date somehow...

So, this dripped content seems like it only makes sense for Posts, is that the case? If we put the image in a post can we create maybe another blog (we already have a blog) only for these images, and release a post every week... seems a bit clunky... any other ideas or suggestions on how to make one of the above work?

Thanks

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Chantelle,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Have you tried adding the images in the page and wrapping it in the Protected content shortcode ms-protect-content ?

You will find more information about this shortcode on the following page.

Admin Area -> Protected Content -> Help -> Shortcodes

- Place the image in a Page and protect the page with a set date. Works for the page but not for the menu (menu items cannot have set dates) so how would the users know that a page has been made available?

We can create a shortcode that will hide/show the specific menu item on specific set date, Will it work for you?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Chantelle

Hi Vinod,

The ms-protect-content shortcode is not working for me, it just renders the shortcode tag:
    http://81.88.24.66/bmw/10-minute-workout-cards/

Anyway, I don't think the shortcode would solve the matter. Because there is no way to protect individual images on the Protect Content area, and that's the area where we set the dates for the dripping the content (that is, the date to make the content available).

Regarding your second suggestion. We can't make the menu items be visible based on shortcodes can we? So how would that help us?

Let me explain the problem again, probably I wasn't clear:

The Dripping Membership works well for Posts. If you protect a Post with a Set Date, it will not allow access to that Post nor will it show the Post on the list of Posts. So it will be apparent to the user when a new Post has been dripped (made available) to him.

But for Pages or other content like Images, it doesn't seem to work in a sensible way. We can protect a Page and set a date for it to be dripped, meaning that the user will have access to that page only after the set date. But, we don't have a way of letting the user know he can access the page, unless he goes and tries accessing it. So we would have to make all the pages available in the menu, and the user would have to click the pages to find out which ones he could access.
    That's very clunky, so we are trying to come up with a better way of protecting the content and make aparent to the user that the content is available.

In simpler terms, we want to find a way to protect a Page or an Image from being displayed everywhere, including search results and menus. Can Protect Content do this?

And if not could you suggest a work around?

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.