Protecting all BuddyPress pages does not protect The activity and members page

When using bbpress and BuddyPress. What I want is for members to be able to create and answer forums and non-members to only be able to see the question and answers but not interact. If they want to interact they need to be a member
After protecting all BuddyPress pages I have noticed that the activity or my community board is not protected.
Also, the member's page etc... some pages that are BuddyPress don't seem to register as buddy press to membership 2 plugin. The only one protected is the profile page.
Also, the people who have not paid and are in drafts also go under members, even though they are not.

• Dimitris

Hello rebecca,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

When using bbpress and BuddyPress. What I want is for members to be able to create and answer forums and non-members to only be able to see the question and answers but not interact. If they want to interact they need to be a member

This is a default functionality of bbPress. Visitors (non logged-in users) can't create forums/threads, if not connected.

And in order to do so, they should register via the Membership 2 Pro registration process and acquire some membership level.
    You could then protect specific topics even more, in specific membership levels, using the bbPress addon of Membership 2 Pro plugin.

After protecting all BuddyPress pages I have noticed that the activity or my community board is not protected.
    Also, the member's page etc... some pages that are BuddyPress don't seem to register as buddy press to membership 2 plugin. The only one protected is the profile page.

I've tested that in a local installation and I could see that default BuddyPress pages Members, Activity Streams and User Groups

don't get protected with the BuddyPress integration. Only the single members profile pages are being protected with the "Member listing" option in Membership 2 -> Protection Rules -> BuddyPress.
    In order to surpass this, you can enable the URL Protection addon and set the membership levels you want in the new menu item Membership 2 -> Protection Rules -> URL Restrictions for each of the slugs that you use in BuddyPress settings, like:
    /members/
    /activity/
    and
    /groups/

Also, the people who have not paid and are in drafts also go under members, even though they are not.

Members don't have to be part of a membership level. This is happening if for example payment didn't go through, but this should affect the protection rules you're setting (like the "URL protection" I've mentioned before).

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• rebecca

Hi Dimitris,

This is a problem. I need the plugin to work in such a way that if payment does not go through, the viewer is not a user or member. It has caused a lot of issues this week. I have had potential clients that think they are a member but cannot see the log out or log in buttons because they are not a member, they cannot see the member menu with the logout button but because they are a user they can not see the login button as they are logged in but without payment. If the user wants to become a member or make there payment go through, there email address and user name is already taken

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rebecca,

Membership 2 doesn't prevent users from registering, even if the payment is not completed they will have an account created on the site but they will not have proper membership and won't be able to access protected pages.

You could make your account page more accessible so users can easily go there and check their current status and if they have membership or not.

Also if a member wishes to go back in and complete the payment, they are getting stuck in limbo after using the coupon code.

Can you tell me when exactly does this happen, as soon as the user enters coupon code or some actions are performed after that?

I see that you have almost 50 plugins active on your site so it might be some kind of conflict we're dealing with here, so could you disable your other plugins and switch to default WP theme so we can check if that's the case indeed?

Also, white screen can mean that there's some kind of fatal error on your site.
    Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php file (located in root WP folder) by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Replicate the white screen again and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.