Protecting Media with Membership

Just purchased Membership, believing that it was able to protect content uploaded to the media library.

Per your PDF, "The Membership plugin is one of the only membership plugins for WordPress which allows you to
protect your media uploads. You can even mask a specific URL to prevent direct access."

Is URL masking the *only* method for protection? The word "even" in the description strongly implies that masking is a *secondary* method. I can't seem to figure out the primary method.

If it is the *only* method, your description should be re-worded, "The Membership plugin is one of the only membership plugins for WordPress which allows you to
protect your media uploads *by masking* a specific URL to prevent direct access."

I was assuming it was some kind of .htaccess that checked to see a user is logged in or something so any requests to any files in the directory can be completed or denied.

I like the layout, UI, etc. a lot. It just might not be providing the kind of protection my project needs (basically one javascript file that can only be called when a user is logged in).

Thanks for your help!