Protecting wikis (Wiki Pro) with Membership Pro 2

Hi, I want to use Membership Pro 2 for protecting wiki pages. Are they compatible at all?
The Membership Pro 2 protection rules only allow me to select standard wordpress categories. While Wiki Pro only allows me to create "wiki categories", which seem to be a different set.

Hence, I cannot see Wiki Categories from within Membership Pro 2, nor I can see standard categories from within Wiki Pro plugin.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Georgy,

Hope you're doing well today!

You are correct, custom taxonomies are not supported at this time; however, there is the Individual Custom Posts add-on that you can activate via:

Membership 2 > Add-ons.

That will allow you to protect specific wikis as needed.

Would that work? I'm going to mark custom taxonomy protection as a feature request. I've had other members ask for it before so hopefully we can get that added in soon :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Georgy
    • New Recruit

Hi Tyler,

Protecting individual wikis would not work for me, as I have plenty of them and I want to have them auto-protected as more are added.

However, your reply was very helpful in fact. What does work for me is the URL protection that I have discovered following your guidance.

Thanks,
    Georgy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.