Protection rules replace menu item

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a replacement where there are 2 types of members with each a different menu.
When they login the menu should be replaced, current problem i'm facing is that the general menu can only be replaced once.?

could you assist me with this?

Many thanks

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Berend, I hope you are well today!

Thank you for your question, I'am be glad to assist you :slight_smile:

I see you already created different menus for each membership.
    In this case I suggest you to use one menu and just select which items will show for which membership.
    Please navigate to Membership 2 -> Add-ons -> Advanced menu protection and choose protect single menu item like it shown in the attached screenshot.

If I can be of any further assistance, please, let me know!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Berend Dommering
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Berend DommeringHi,

thanks for your answer, i'm not sure this will be the fix needed.
    For instance I have three types of agenda pages
    Agenda-general
    Agenda-membership1
    Agenda-membership2

When I use the protected agenda like in the screenshot, membership will see agenda-general and agenda-membership1 though I want them only to see agenda-membership1, is this possible?

when using the replace option, this works for the entire menu, yet you can only use this option once.
    Menu-general can be changed to menu-membership1 but if membership2 logs in this doesn't seem possible to change to menu-membership2?

thanks!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Berend Dommering,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear its not working for you now.

But I am not sure how did you set-up before. I tried to protect menus the way you described but it did not worked for me, that makes sense.

What version you were using previously ? So I could downgrade and test it out on that specific version and see the difference.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Berend Dommering, I hope you are doing well today!

Based on the ticket date, I'm guessing you were using the M2 version 1.0.2.4. I have tested both versions of Membership 2 pro and could not replicate this.

Logically this couldn't have been worked:

Works for general menu changing to menu 1, but not for menu 1 to change to menu 2. Because the menu 1 is not assigned to a menu location, so there is nothing to change, That's why it will be showing the general menu.

What you can do is to select Protect Single Menu option in Membership 2 -> Add-ons -> Advanced menu protection, and set up protective rules for each menu.

If we can be of any further assistance, please, let us know!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.