Publish on Facebook with different title

The text will not save when I enter in a different title in the “Publish on Facebook with different title” box. Attached are my settings. Am I doing something wrong?

Another thing I noticed is if I write something and publish it, the alternate title will save. If I schedule a post to publish the next day, the alternate title will not save.

Thanks,

Mike

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Mike,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

The text will not save when I enter in a different title in the “Publish on Facebook with different title” box. Attached are my settings. Am I doing something wrong?

Could you please share your settings ? Looks like the screenshot did not attach.

Another thing I noticed is if I write something and publish it, the alternate title will save. If I schedule a post to publish the next day, the alternate title will not save.

By alternate title, you mean the Different title issue ? Just to be sure so that I can test accordingly. Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Mike,

Greetings and thanks for the bump.

It certainly did not get lost, I just had to be with my family due to some personal issues.

I was able to replicate it on my lab site and it indeed is not saving the alternate title when we are scheduling the post.

I have marked this to the attention of our lead developer and he should make his way here soon.

Thanks for your patience on this one and apologies for the delay.

Cheers, PC

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

For immediately published posts, the alternate title is considered transient, so it’s not kept around. The alternate post title is actually preserved for scheduled posts, it’s just not shown in the box. This should be fixed as of the latest plugin release (v2.6.1, just released). Can you please update and see if it solves the issue for you?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Ve,

We have just got the same issue on a different thread here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/why-isnt-post-to-facebook-persistent-with-scheduled-posts?replies=2#post-361988

Here is the issue

If I select “post to Facebook” in Ultimate Facebook and then save a Draft or Schedule a post instead of Publishing the post immediately, it looses the setting.

It would be great to be able to choose to post to Facebook on a scheduled post and feel confident that both the post and the Facebook status update would happen.

Why doesn’t this happen? Isn’t this just setting a parameter in a database? Why isn’t that value carried through saving drafts or scheduling a post?

Thanks,

Dave

WordPress 3.5.1

Ultimate Facebook Version: 2.6.2

Seems not to be working on my lab site as well.

Cheers, PC

• GrandValleyDave
    • SSD

I have updated to 2.6.3 and when I save a draft and look at the draft post, none of my Publish to Facebook settings are preserved.

No joy.

However. When I schedule the post for a future date, the Publish to Facebook settings are preserved! Yipee! This is my primary need so I can definitely work with this. I think it would be best if it preserved Draft settings as well, but that is less important.

Dave

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.