publish_stream invalid scope error & Weird Breadcrumbs with events+

Hi - I've noticed 2 things with my events + implementation.

#1 - The breadcrumbs seem odd like there's text missing between the > >
I've attached a screenshot ( breadcrumbs)

#2 - I was able to enter the facebook information ok - but when my users try to RSVP using facebook - it returns an error saying invalid scope ( publish_stream).

Is there something I'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Kat,

I hope you're having a nice day!

#1 - The breadcrumbs seem odd like there's text missing between the > >

This is most likely because the theme's built-in breadcrumbs feature doesn't handle "virtual" pages well. Actually, it's a common issue that would be difficult to fix without serious theme modification.

An easier and solution would be to switch Events+ plugin from "virtual" to "real" pages. To do this:

1. Create new WP pages for events listing ("Archive template") and single event ("Single Event template")
    2. On "Events" -> "Settings" -> "Appearance settings" page enable the "Override default appearance" option
    3. On the very same page assign these new pages to "Archive template" and "Single Event template"
    4. Use shortcodes to fill these pages with Events+ content as described on your dashboard's
    "Events" -> "Shortcodes" page

This way Events+ will use the real WordPress pages and the theme should be able to pick up breadcrumbs.

#2 - I was able to enter the facebook information ok - but when my users try to RSVP using facebook - it returns an error saying invalid scope ( publish_stream).

It seems that the "publish_stream" permission is deprecated already so this is obviously something that needs fixing. That said, I've notified the developer and hopefully he'll be able to get back with either a quick-fix patch or a fixed release of the plugin soon.

Please keep the plugin updated and keep an eye on this thread for further information!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.