Publishing content based on date

I’d like to have a chunk of info or link to a document in the media library only appear after a certain date or between two dates.

Any ideas?

• paulzz3000
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’ve given it a go and…

I wanted to hide the notifications.

I can hide the countdown bits via css but it leaves a large gap where the content should be as the html tags are still there. When the timer’s up, the content displays fine.

How can I remove the gap?

• paulzz3000
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Aaah. Sorry. My bad.

It was formatting the shortcodes! Odd.

If I highlight a block – say an H3 and P – apply the shortcodes to display it tomorrow, they take on the H3 formatting.

Have to use the Visual editor to add the shortcodes but have to remove the formatting via the Text view.

Another thing… can it be set to show forever? I know this site won’t be around in 10 years (will any of us?!) but an Expires Never option would be useful.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @paulzz3000

If I highlight a block – say an H3 and P – apply the shortcodes to display it tomorrow, they take on the H3 formatting.

Would you please paste your used code here? You need to use the shortcode like this:

[scheduled ........ ]
    <h3>....</h3>
    <p>......</p>
    [/scheduled]

About the never expire, I am marking this as a featured request. Let’s see what other members think about this.

Cheers

Ash

• paulzz3000
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Let’s say I have a list.

I want to make an item on that list appear at a later date.

I select the list item, apply the schedule.

Problem is it adds the list item without the content because it doesn’t include the

• by default in the shortcode. So, there’s a gap in the list. I then have to go into the Text editor and move the shortcode outside of the
  • tags.

I’ve tried it with a simple, soft-returned (
    ) block of text too. Same problem.

It’s fine for me cos I know how to move code around. Not good for a novice though.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.