Pulling custom post types from sub-sites to main site with images

We are using CustomPress network-wide to configure how posts are created on our sub-sites... and it's working great.
I want to be able to display all the posts made on the subsites in a single area (the main blog). I was looking into using http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mu-sitewide-tags/, which with some tweaking I managed to get it to do (pull the custom post types to the main site), but it's just got so many bugs (like it does not recognise featured images on custom post-types) that I was hoping someone here could suggest something better. Here's what I'm looking for.
Must work with CustomPress
Must pull all new posts from other sites to the main site for displaying in the index.php loop (with title, excerpt, taxonomys, and original author either as originating poster or as "posted by")
Does anyone know of any plugin that can do this, or any plugins that together can pull this off?
I had to add this to my themes functions.php in order for the custom post types to be grabbed by the wordpress-mu-sitewide-tags plugin, if someone sees an easy fix to get featured images to show up based on this addition:

function my_swt_press_release_type_filter( $press_release ) {
        $press_release['press_release'] = true;
        return $press_release;
}
add_filter( 'sitewide_tags_allowed_post_types', 'my_swt_press_release_type_filter' );