Purchasing product using Marketpress…Checkout breadcrumb is skipped.

When I run a test using Sandbox and chained payments, every step works great, but the “Checkout” step/page is skipped during the checkout process, yet the sale processes to confirm.

Any ideas?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings modcity,

Thank you for the great question and indeed you are testing using the sandbox which as I have mentioned many times and confirmed by the WPMU DEV Lead Developer, the sandbox is erratic at best and only live testing tells the real tale.

For example the sandbox skips the return of IPN’s etc. etc.

Please run a live test and let us know how it goes.

Looking forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• modcity
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe and thank you for replying.

Since I am using Chained Payments, I have to submit my site to Paypal for approval. This is correct, right?

I have my API credentials but I still need my API ID, which is provided upon approval of my application/website.

I am also using Express Checkout with Pro Sites. This works great live.

I am about to submit my site to PayPal for approval. When I get the ID, I will test Chained Payments.

Thanks again Joe.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings modcity,

Thank you for letting me know and you are spot on about the PayPal APP ID for chained payments and perhaps this will help you get through it a bit easier:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/xcommerce-application-process-marketpress-fundraiser

I am also using Express Checkout with Pro Sites. This works great live.

This is also great news because it indicates your IPN is enabled.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• modcity
    • Flash Drive

Thank you. Those instructions are what I needed. I do have a couple questions in regards to the process. I included screen shots of the instructions provided..

Who is the Primary Receiver and who is the Secondary Receiver?

I want my users to pay for all selling fees. So which option should I check here?

When they ask for Test Account information.. Is this my Sandbox credentials? OR is this my REAL paypal account information?

Thank you Joe.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings modcity,

Thank you for the great additional questions.

Who is the Primary Receiver and who is the Secondary Receiver?

You would normally be the primary receiver and regarding the fees I believe that you will each be charged your relative portion of the fees. This will indeed be dictated by PayPal’s internal policies/scripting and more then likely completely out of our control.

When they ask for Test Account information.. Is this my Sandbox credentials? OR is this my REAL paypal account information?

Neither they will want an end user test account as if they were a purchaser. Never give your PayPal log in credentials to anyone – ever.

Have a GREAT week ahead!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.