put a border around the map

I'd like to put a border around just the map (not map and heading), but I can't find a class or id to hook onto. The id seems to change each time it's viewed. Any suggestions?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings flojnel :slight_smile:

Though I have yet to become familiar with this particular plugin, I would try putting the code within a table with borders :slight_smile: making the borders as think as you want using table commands.

A Table with one row and one column of course :slight_smile:

Joe :slight_smile:

• flojnel
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Unfortunately, that didn't completely work. I have a map on a page and in a sidebar. On the page, I get a border but there's a gap between the border and the directions under the map - it wraps around both. On the sidebar, nothing happens.

I wish there was a way to add a class to the map itself. Anyone familiar enough with the plugin to know where I could do this in the code? The maps themselves all have ids like "agm_widget_map_6b0b99e495cddd99624ddb4945fe2ee9" and the numbers change every time the page is refreshed! I can't even target the surrounding div because it does something similar. No classes to use!

Flo

• flojnel
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks but it doesn't work because the containing div for the map (created by the plugin) is wider than the map. By the way, if that would work, could more easily be done with a div.

Finally figured out that I could make it look like I closed the gap mentioned above by putting a background color on .agm_google_maps and putting padding on three sides to equal the gap on the bottom. Now looks like a map with a 5px border.

No solution for the sidebars, but that's not as crucial as the large map on a page.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings flojnel :slight_smile:

thank you so much for letting us know :slight_smile:

I will close this ticket since other then what you have come up with we could find no better solution.

If we can be of further assistance please let us know :slight_smile:

Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.