putting a blog into website

How do I go about putting a blog on my wordpress.org website

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @sandiebarrie

I hope you are well today!

That is what WordPress was initially designed to do, and what it still does best. :slight_smile:

Simply put, you need to create a few categories to file your blog posts in (under Posts > Categories). Then write a few posts (under Posts > Add New).

You can then go to Appearance > Menus and add your blog categories to your main menu in your preferred arrangement.

Now visit your site and click on one of your categories in the menu. You should see the new posts you had filed in that category display in a nice category archive created by your theme (every theme will display them differently).

From that point onward, when you write a new post, simply pop it into the category you want and it will file itself in there and display in the archives.

Clicking any post title in any archive will redirect to that specific post in your blog.

• SandieBarrie
    • Flash Drive

Patrick, okay I did this an it worked! I have a regular blog at grantlessons.wordpress.com where people can sign into and then follow. Is there a widget that I can use on the blog category that would allow people to join. The website is at grantlessons.org? Thanks for your help. Warm here in Reno, NV!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.