Putting a link to the 'correct' Community on a page

Hi,

I have on the Clean energy Effects site several areas that need the help of focused communities. For example: an Interested Group is clearly one where folks that are effected by the side effects of clean energy — refinery workers won’t have jobs when the refineries are no longer needed. Also groups committed the environment are very interested in clean energy.

There are two levels of Communities. First are those that support the selection of the data to be collected on each group, and second, the Community that is collecting information about a specific group. We will have a bunch of ‘communities’ to manage. The management isn’t the issue really is, simply put:

How does one put a link (or several links: Forum, Wiki, etc.) on a page?

Asking a our support crew to hunt through a long list to find the Community they participate in is — well — un-cool.

Chris

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

Well, there’s no way to easily answer that question as there are many many different ways of asking that.

And all of it depends on where you’re trying to add links. Is it in the content? Or header? Is it on one page, some pages, or all pages?

Could you provide a link to the page you’re trying to add links to and describe where the links are intended to be?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@chris,

For the Communities plugin specifically there is not front-facing links. All the Communities presentation logic is within wp-admin. This is on purpose and not likely to change. So there is no need for linking to the Communities section. Then again you could just copy the URL from your browser and paste that to some place where needed.

As for the other plugins you mentioned Forums, Wiki there should be a way to do this. At the moment I can’t provide a specific answer. I’m only responding because I support the Communities plugin and this thread showed up on my feed this morning.

• Chris
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi guys,

As I don’t have much up and running yet (I got a ‘mild’ concussion’ on Jan 4 and I am just know getting the brain working modestly well) I got behind.

If you go to:

Clean-Energy-Effects.org

the structure of the landing site is fairly clear. Look at Project Model. There is a subordinate site for each of the major divisions introduced.

Then again you could just copy the URL from your browser and paste that to some place where needed.

That was my first idea, I could only get to the admin page, perhaps because I was logged in as ‘admin’? DUH. Still, any help would be appreciated.

Chris

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@chris,

I’m not sure how else to help you. As I’ve written there is no front-facing links provided by the Community plugin. All user editable content is within wp-admin.

I can see on this Project Model page (http://clean-energy-effects.org/interested-groups/ ) you added the link to the wp-admin Community page. I’m assuming this worked since I don’t have access to your site backend.

At this point wondering if there are other questions or can this thread be closed.

Thanks,

Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.