Putting a tag on an e-mail collected by Hustle

Hi folks!

I've started to use Hustle and I think that is incredible! Congratulations.

I'd like to ask about three new features:

1. I'd like to put the image as a background of pop-up. It will produce more impactant pop-ups.

2. How can I put the fields on vertical disposition?

3. (EXTREMALLY IMPORTANT!) I need to attribute tags to a contact. It's a very commom feature on email marketing services, and is fundamental to organize lists in groups. Aweber is working on to increment this feature.

I'm substituing the Sumo.me for Hustle, but Sumo.me has this feature, as you can see on image attached. It is very important.

Thanks for your attention.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Emanuel Alexandre Tavares,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

1. I'd like to put the image as a background of pop-up. It will produce more impactant pop-ups.

That can actually be done using "Custom CSS" option of Content & Design section of Opt-In configuration. After you enable the "Custom CSS" put following code inside:

.wpoi-hustle .wpoi-optin {background:url('YOUR_IMAGE_URL') center center no-repeat;background-size:cover;}

Replace YOUR_IMAGE_URL with an URL of the image that you'd like to use for background. I have just found however that while that should work, there's a bug in Hustle that prevents it from taking effect. I have already reported that to the developers so they could create a fix and after an updated release comes out, the way described above will work for you.

2. How can I put the fields on vertical disposition?

I'm not sure if I understand that correctly. Could you please elaborate a bit more on this?

3. (EXTREMALLY IMPORTANT!) I need to attribute tags to a contact. It's a very commom feature on email marketing services, and is fundamental to organize lists in groups. Aweber is working on to increment this feature.

That sounds like a great idea. Since this ticket already contains two other - not related - questions, could you please create a separate one suggesting this feature in our "Features & Feedback" section? That way other Members of our community could vote for it. More support from members will give our developers an incentive to implement that in future.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Emanuel Alexandre Tavares

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your fast answer.

Look, about the field on vertical position, it means to put the fields one below the other. It is better? I found a option to do it. :wink:

That's fine.

About the number 3, we really need the feature as soon as possible. Without it, all emails collected go to a simple list, without any classification. Tags are fundamental. They organize the signatures. Aweber, Mailchimp, Convert Kit, and others are adopting this resource.

Other major advantage of tags that with them you can have a unique list and reduce the total cost. To send a campaign, You select a list and separate the contacts by the tag.

It's really important.

And about my P.S.? How can I change the button texto?

Thanks again!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Emanuel!

Look, about the field on vertical position, it means to put the fields one below the other. It is better? I found a option to do it.

Thank you for your explanation, I get it now :slight_smile: There's indeed an option for this, I'm glad that you found it already :slight_smile:

About the number 3, we really need the feature as soon as possible. Without it, all emails collected go to a simple list, without any classification. Tags are fundamental. They organize the signatures. Aweber, Mailchimp, Convert Kit, and others are adopting this resource.

I understand that but that'd would be a new feature and would require quite an amount of additional codding, most likely also based on APIs of service providers. Such features are added upon community request and we do not do "on demand" custom development. I certainly see the reason for that feature and fully agree with you that it would make a very useful addition to the plugin and I may suggest that to developers but I cannot promise you "instant delivery" or give any estimations on when this would be introduced. If you post a feature request the way I suggested previously, there's a good chance that more members of our community will support that idea and the more support it gets, the more likely it will get implemented soon.

If you need that urgently, you might want to get it custom developed for you. You may ask for custom development at our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

And about my P.S.? How can I change the button texto?

It seems I skipped that one somehow, I'm sorry.

Hustle, like all our plugins, come translation ready and there are translation files available. You will find them for Hustle here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/hustle

Specifically, Brazilian Portuguese files are here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/hustle/pt-br/default

To use them on your site, please use the form at the bottom of that page to export both .po and .mo files and then upload the files to the /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder of your site. If your WordPress is already set to use this language, Hustle will automatically pickup translation.

Please note though: all the plugins come in English only and the translations are "community powered". The Brazilian Portuguese is currently only 37% complete so there might be strings that are not translated yet. You might update/enhance the translation using either the form on a page that I linked to or using PoEdit program. Feel free to contribute to the translations!

A "quick way" to change any translatable string in a plugin would also be to use our Ultimate Branding plugin and its "Text change" module. All you need to do is put a string to be translated and a translated text into it and it would take care of translation. You'll find the plugin here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.