putting it all together

Question 1: Now that I have buddy Press I have the two sites. The first site (main) and second with less side tabs. I was wondering what site do I add plugins to when building the buddypress site. Designing it!

Queston 2: Can the buddypress group calendar be on a seprate page and look like a calendar with days of the week and events listed by day or is it just listings by group members? I wanted to be able to visually see a calendar and search by location or type of event submitted by a member. Thanks

Question 3: Now that I have my Products theme activated do I add the marketPress and customize from their? Is their other options for a store?

Question 4: Can my members be listed in the directory plugin the same time they create an account so we can find members by categorie?
Thanks for your time

• DavidM

Hi Auktweena,

Let's take a look at your queries!

Question 1: Now that I have buddy Press I have the two sites. The first site (main) and second with less side tabs. I was wondering what site do I add plugins to when building the buddypress site. Designing it!

That really depends on how you'd like it all to work. Assuming you're on a multisite network, most plugins you can activate on a per site basis so you could install them in your Network Admin page and then activate them as needed on each site.

On that note, are you using a multisite installation of WordPress?

Queston 2: Can the buddypress group calendar be on a seprate page and look like a calendar with days of the week and events listed by day or is it just listings by group members? I wanted to be able to visually see a calendar and search by location or type of event submitted by a member. Thanks

I'm afraid that itself would require a bit of custom work to achieve. There's a job board here on site where you can look at getting such things done, to make things a bit simpler.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Question 3: Now that I have my Products theme activated do I add the marketPress and customize from their? Is their other options for a store?

From what it sounds like, all you'd need to do is install/activate MarketPress and start configuring it from there. If you can provide a bit more detail on your setup we'll gladly delve into more details on that here though.

Question 4: Can my members be listed in the directory plugin the same time they create an account so we can find members by categorie?

Unfortunatley, Directory is not compatible with BuddyPress so it wouldn't be possible to use it on such a site. However, BuddyPress provides for extensive customization of user profiles and I believe the search feature on a BuddyPress site would encompass those profile fields if that would suffice.

Cheers!
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.