putting the course on a separate page

Hi there!

I have just installed the Coursepress Pro plugin. I am looking to build an online course attached to our current website, but want to put it on a "course" page that I can keep private until completed. Can you please direct me on how I can have the plugin on a separate page? So far it seems like a "courses" tab has been added to the main website's menu, but it goes nowhere and I can't figure out how to take it off of the existing menu until it is ready to go live. I am fairly new to Wordpress in general and have just sort of been assigned this work.

Thank you kindly.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Robynn, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Let's walk through your points:

I am looking to build an online course attached to our current website, but want to put it on a "course" page that I can keep private until completed.

Your current website is a WordPress website, correct? If so:

Can you please direct me on how I can have the plugin on a separate page?

We'll need to rethink the strategy here (given how the content's laid out), fortunately, the solution's simple, given this next part of your question:

So far it seems like a "courses" tab has been added to the main website's menu, but it goes nowhere and I can't figure out how to take it off of the existing menu until it is ready to go live.

You'll want to go to:

CoursePress Pro -> Settings -> General

And uncheck the box for "Display menu items" in the "Theme Menu Items" section further down that page.

That way, there won't be a "Courses" menu item published in your site's menu. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.