PWAL: Page refreshing nonstop after someone likes page

This plugin isn't working properly. People say that the page keeps refreshing NONSTOP after they like the page and doesn't load the page properly. What am I supposed to do?

Edit: To not disturb the entire website, I applied PWAL to only ONE post so you could use that to see what's wrong: http://antranik.org/blood-vessels/

In Firefox it loads fine. In Chrome it will keep refreshing constantly.

• Patrick

Hi there @Antranik

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Nope, it's not even working for me in Firefox on my Windows laptop.

Which selection method are you using? Can you post a screenshot of the PWAL settings for that page, and of your main settings as well?

Do you have any other plugins active on the site that use scripts from any of the enabled social services? If so, please uncheck the corresponding boxes in the Social Button Settings section of the plugin settings.

• Paul

@Antranik,

Try changing the reload option to 'AJAX'. What is happening is your page is cached and the hidden content is not being shown when PWAL forces the page to reload. So when the reload happens PWAL knows the user has previously like the content, sees the PWAL buttons and forces reload again to try and get the hidden content. No good way around this. Unless you want to exclude the page where PWAL is installed from your cache plugin.

• Antranik

Okay, I use W3 Total Cache, and in the settings, I told it to exclude /blood-vessels/ from being cached. And I opened up Chrome and tried it and well, it doesn't reload constantly anymore, it just doesn't reload at ALL. SO i tried manually reloading, and it asks me to like it again to see the full content, even though I did already.

I tested with both the AJAX and Refresh settings in Chrome to no avail. :slight_frown:

Also, the share page gets cut off, like this: http://i.imgur.com/lVBryh4.jpg

• Paul

@Antranik,

Okay, I use W3 Total Cache, and in the settings, I told it to exclude /blood-vessels/ from being cached.

Good. Okay. Thanks.

And I opened up Chrome and tried it and well, it doesn't reload constantly anymore, it just doesn't reload at ALL. SO i tried manually reloading, and it asks me to like it again to see the full content, even though I did already.

You really need to reset your browser. This means clearing all cache and clearing cookies. Also if you have excluded the page from the W3T Cache plugin then you can revert PWAL back to page reload instead of AJAX. Depending on your testing if you liked the page via Facebook. Then yes when you reload the page in a clear browser and log into Facebook it will show already liked but not show the hidden content. This is from Facebook. You can unlike the content by re-clicking on the Facebook button. This is again due to your earlier testing. The other option is going to your Facebook account into your Activity Log and manually unlike/delete the previous like.

Not sure what you are showing on the image. The comment popup is from Facebook. Not something controlled by PWAL. At best there is an option on the PWAL > Social Buttons > Facebook settings to try and hide it.

• Paul

@Antranik,

You are telling me it is not working but you are not telling me specifics. The plugin does work. But sometime depending on your testing you may taint the environment? So start with a cleared browser. Clear the cache and cookies. Double check the cache plugin to ensure the page content is not cached.

Then log into Facebook.com directly. Go to your Activity Log. You will see this from the drop down menu within Facebook. See image #1. Make sure you delete the previous like for this URL. This is important. Otherwise when you try to like the page again Facebook will just display the checked like box. See image #2

If you do get the checked like box you can hover over the checkmark and unlike the URL. The wait 1-2 seconds and click the like button again.

It is still does not work please provide specific details about what you are seeing or not seeing on the screen. We get into a grey area because part of this process like the comment popup are owned by Facebook and not your site.

For the record I just tried the like on your page and it loaded fine. Lots of nice content.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.