Q & A 1.4.3.3 is Not Working

I just downloaded the latest version of Q&A (1.4.3.3) and I'm having 3 major issues:

1) When I'm logged in (as a non admin user) and I try to access the Q&A feature, I get redirected. I set the capabilities in Questions-Settings and it seems to not recognize my role. (By the way, I do have BuddyPress and Membership network activated)

2) When asking a question (as admin or a qa visitor) and I press the submit button, I get the following error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xadmin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/qa/core/edit.php on line 359

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xadmin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/qa/core/edit.php:359) in /home/xadmin/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896

Even with the error message, it does seem to submit the question when asking as an admin.

3) When I do manage to submit a question and an answer successfully, and visit my Q&A profile, it shows that I have 1 answer, but 0 questions. Yet the answer is to the question that I posted. When I click on the answers tab, it shows me the question, instead of the answer. And when I click on the questions tab, it shows that I have 0 questions.

I know you just updated this plugin a few days ago, but there are still some major bugs going on here.

Can you help me get this plugin working?

Thanks

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Christian,

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having.

1) When I'm logged in (as a non admin user) and I try to access the Q&A feature, I get redirected. I set the capabilities in Questions-Settings and it seems to not recognize my role. (By the way, I do have BuddyPress and Membership network activated)

What Q&A feature are you trying to access?

Which role are you using and what capabilities are you assigning to him?

Is it working fine if you deactivate BuddyPress and Membership plugins?

2) When asking a question (as admin or a qa visitor) and I press the submit button, I get the following error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xadmin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/qa/core/edit.php on line 359

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xadmin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/qa/core/edit.php:359) in /home/xadmin/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896

Even with the error message, it does seem to submit the question when asking as an admin.

I could reproduce the same issue on my test site si i have notified the developer to fix it.

This is a simple PHP warning, it is nothing to worry about!
    Do you have WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php file?
    If you do then please set it to false.
    This will hide the warning messages and you will be able to use your site normally.

3) When I do manage to submit a question and an answer successfully, and visit my Q&A profile, it shows that I have 1 answer, but 0 questions. Yet the answer is to the question that I posted. When I click on the answers tab, it shows me the question, instead of the answer. And when I click on the questions tab, it shows that I have 0 questions.

I could reproduce the same issue on my test site.

Could you please share me your Q&A profile profile link or site link to test it on your site?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Christian

@Vinod Dalvi & @Arnold, thanks for the response guys.

1) I deactivated BuddyPress and Membership and the "Ask a Question" page access issue was still occurring. But I figured out why - the user that I was signed in as, was not listed as a user for that particular subsite on my multisite network.

So I've come to realize that when a new user signs up through Membership, they are ONLY registered as a user on the site that they registered on - the main site. This is a BIG problem, because this means that unless the developer for Membership gets this fixed, I will have to manually add EACH user to EACH subsite. And I will soon have thousands of users, making this completely unmanageable. So this issue was not caused by Q & A. (Is Eugene still the lead developer for Membership?)

2) I downloaded version 1.4.3.4 and it got rid of the php error. Great job, one issue down.

3) I tested the question and answer counts on the Q&A profile again, and it's still not working. Here's the link to my profile. (I haven't taken the time to add my custom theme template to it yet, so please disregard the ugliness)

• Arnold

The registration only on the main site is a Multisite "feature" that has been around forever. The user only exists once in the database. If he is not assigned a role on a particular sub site, he's not a member there.

There are plugins to help you manage this.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-user-management/

Will automatically add a role to whatever sites you tell it to for all users.

I'll have to check further on the counts.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.