Q & A – Only showing one question per page.

I tried the lite version, I bought the full version but I still only get one question per page.

See: http://www.betting-tips-uk.com/forum-images/wpmudev_qa_lite.jpg

I have checked the code and my answers_per_page is set to 20. (there are places where it is ignored and hard coded with $posts_per_page.

I can not see how my theme can be restricting it, so please H.E.L.P ;0)

It’s driving me potty.

Thanks

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Are you using the standard archive template files or have you created specific files for Q&A?

If not, can you let me know what theme you are using and I’ll check out the code? If it’s custom it’d help if you could paste the code for the loop within your archive template file.

Cheers!

Phil

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hmm looks like your theme is playing hardball.

On a straight install, with no edits I have all questions showing:

As you can see it’s not formatted correctly because of the way the theme is constructed. I’ve made an attempt at customising the archive-question.php file which you can find attached but the sidebar is moved as a result so it needs a bit more tweaking:

Phil

• btuk
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

YEE HAR!!!!

OMG I don’t believe it! – Was it super obvious or not? (always is once you found it)

The plugin’s variables are being overridden by ….

WP Admin –> Reading –> “Blog pages show at most:” X posts.

I had it at: 1 post , so I got 1 answer displayed.

I hope you can work around this because it is quite a signifcant flaw!

:0)

• btuk
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sorry Phil, but thats a rubbish solution!

If the plugin can’t overirde a basic default setting then the plugin is not working.

There is even a plugin to show different numbers of posts on different pages so it can obvioulsy be done.

Perhaps I should install this – except that the http://mydomain/questions is a phantom page so it wont work unless your plugin works with a an actual page named Questions existing?

I want to show one post per web page. Under this circumstance I can only show one question and the plugin may as well be binned and a refund asked for!

The other feature of “Subscribe to questions” does not even show. This was my sole reason for purchasing the full version and yet I am not getting any support to that separate question.

So the likelihood of becoming a full WPMUDEV member is dwindling severely!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

If the plugin can’t overirde a basic default setting then the plugin is not working.

To do so would be to override the default WordPress experience and thus change the expected functionality.

You could use that plugin and customise it to affect the questions page, yes.

The other feature of “Subscribe to questions” does not even show. This was my sole reason for purchasing the full version and yet I am not getting any support to that separate question.

I believe that is being looked into by the developer right now and a response will be forthcoming soon with a definite answer.

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.